SBE 3 – the full redesign of our venerable Super Black Eagle platform. With carefully considered insights from our pro-staff and veteran hunters, Benelli design engineers have spent nearly 10 years in development with a focus on three areas of critical importance to the serious waterfowler: Improved ergonomics, intuitive, flawless functionality and an updated design, style and feel for the latest in modern waterfowling reliability that’s all about the end game: Absolute superiority in the most unforgiving conditions.
- Combtech & Comfort Tech 3
- Comfort Tech™ was the first of its kind. By splitting the stock diagonally and utilizing shock-absorbing chevrons, the entire stock was essentially turned into a recoil pad. This chevron system, now 13 years old, is still the most efficient design possible, and was the basis for the SBE 3 stock. The chevron size and location has been optimized on Comfort Tech 3. Furthermore, Benelli engineers have developed a new cheek comb pad, Combtech, which greatly reduces facial impact and vibrations.
- Shim Kit
- The stock drop and cast is user-adjustable. Changing shims using this included kit provides a customized sighting plane to fit your unique physical build and shooting style.
- Inertia-Driven System
- The hallmark of Benelli strength and reliability, our clean-burning Inertia Driven System never requires adjusting, cycles consistently in conditions that border on the unfair and easily handles everything from light field loads to 3½” magnums. From a cleanliness and speed perspective, gas systems simply cannot compete—whereas Inertia-Driven Benelli shotguns are known to fire 500,000+ rounds and still function without flaw.
- Oversized Bolt Handle & Safety
- A larger bolt release and safety, along with an outward angled drop lever make the SBE 3 quicker and easier to operate–even with gloved hands.
- Benelli’s Crio® Treated Barrel
- Cryogenic physics has revealed steel changes at the molecular level when cooled to -300° F. When a Benelli barrel is cryogenically treated, all the stresses caused by hammer forging are relieved and the surface of the bore becomes more even-grained. The result is a slicker surface offering less resistance to wads and shot charges.With smoother, more uniform surfaces, Benelli Crio® barrels deliver superior patterns and stay clean longer.
- With carbon fiber stepped rib
- Flush Crio® Chokes & Wrench
- Benelli Crio® chokes sit flush with the muzzle and come in the following constrictions: C, IM and F. Wrench included.
- Extended Crio® Chokes
- Extended Crio® Chokes IC and M
- Easy Locking Bolt System
- Versatility without compromise: having a shotgun with a 3½” chamber does not mean you always have to shoot the powerful stuff. The SBE 3’s patented locking mechanism is designed to work flawlessly with all shotgun loads—from light clay loads to the ultimate goose-busters.
- The Super Black Eagle’s patented locking mechanism is designed to work flawlessly with all shotgun loads- from light clay loads to the ultimate goose-busters.
- Easy Loading System
- A beveled loading port, redesigned carrier and a new two-piece carrier latch have all been incorporated into the new Super Black Eagle 3 to make loading the magazine effortless.
- During loading, only the front section of the Easy Loading System’s two-piece carrier latch actually moves, allowing shells to slide up easily with minimal tension or possibility of jamming.
- Grooves in the loading port help you guide shells in without having to take your eyes off incoming birds. The new, beveled loading port also features a wider design to help funnel shells toward the magazine, a must for gloved hunters.
- Standard Hard Case
- Standard hard case to protect your firearm.
|Canadian Legal Classification||Non-Restricted||Handedness||Right|
|Ejection||Right||Stock||Comfort Tech 3 Synthetic|
|Stock Finish||Realtree Max-7||Recoil Pad||Rubber|
|Adjustable Length of Pull||No||Length of Pull (in)||14 3/8|
|Adjustable Comb or Cheekpiece||Supplied Shim Kit||Default Drop at Heel (in)||2 1/8|
|Default Drop at Comb (in)||1 3/8||Grip Type||Curved Pistol Textured|
|Pistol Grip Cap||Benelli Logo||Trigger Guard Material||Synthetic|
|Safety||Trigger Guard Mounted 2 Position Cross Bolt||Adjustable Trigger||No|
|Trigger Pull (lbs)||~6||Trigger Material||Metal|
|Trigger Finish||Black||Magazine Type||Fixed Tube|
|Capacity||3 + 1||Forend||Synthetic|
|Forend Finish||Realtree Max-7||Receiver Material||Metal|
|Receiver Finish||Realtree Max-7||Optic Interface||Drilled and Tapped|
|Rear Sight||None||Front Sight||Red Fiber Optic Bar|
|Barrel Material||Steel||Barrel Profile||Vent Rib|
|Barrel Finish||Realtree Max-7||Chokes||C, IM, F; Extended IC, M|
|Choke Family||Crio||Length (in)||50|
|Weight (lbs)||7||Accessory Interface||
|Minimum Recommended Load||3-dram, 1 1/8oz|
When considering total recoil, vibrations, and impact to the face are often overlooked. Benelli realized that improvements could be made to the stock comb to reduce facial impact and developed the Combtech System. Combtech is simple but highly effective in reducing force transferred to the cheek area, resulting in a softer shooting gun that allows you to shoot better.
Comfort Tech 3
Comfort Tech™ was the first of its kind. By splitting the stock diagonally and utilizing shock-absorbing chevrons, the entire stock was essentially turned into a recoil pad. This chevron system, now 13 years old, is still the most efficient design possible, and was the basis for the SBE 3 stock. The chevron size and location has been optimized on Comfort Tech 3. Furthermore, Benelli engineers have developed a new cheek comb pad, Combtech, which greatly reduces facial impact and vibrations.
The hallmark of Benelli strength and reliability, our clean-burning Inertia Driven System never requires adjusting, cycles consistently in conditions that border on the unfair and easily handles everything from light field loads to 3½” magnums. From a cleanliness and speed perspective, gas systems simply cannot compete—whereas Inertia-Driven Benelli shotguns are known to fire 500,000+ rounds and still function without flaw.
Benelli’s Inertia Driven® system, developed in 1967, operates cleanly and reliably without adjustments.
Inertia Driven® is the original version of the best operating system ever devised. There are Inertia Driven® Benelli shotguns that have fired 500,000+ rounds and still function perfectly.
The proven system is…
- No adjusting, ever
- Consistent, reliable cycling, year after year
- Handles light field loads to 3-1/2-inch magnums
- Just 3 main parts: bolt body, inertia spring, and rotating bolt head
- Gas, smoke and burnt powder remain in the barrel
- Residue doesn’t enter the gun’s mechanism
- Remains cleaner than gas systems
- Steel locking lugs on a rotating bolt head
- Bolt head locks steel-to-steel with the barrel
- Lock becomes even tighter during firing
- Smaller mass of parts
- Quicker than other operating systems
- Operates more cleanly than gas-system guns
- Less time required for cleaning
- Benelli semi-auto shotguns are among the world’s lightest
- Balances as a fine game gun should
- No heavy components under the forend
With Crio® System barrels, you get denser patterns with 13.2% more pellets on target.
Cryogenically treating a barrel relieves stresses caused by hammer forging, creating a smoother and more uniform surface. Benelli Crio® barrels pattern better and they stay cleaner longer.
Why Freeze Barrels?
The Crio® System combines a barrel frozen to -300° F with a cryogenically treated, longer choke tube. Freezing the barrel…
- Relieves the stresses caused by hammer forging
- Creates an even-grained, slick surface
- Means less resistance against wads and shot
Better Shot Patterns
It’s easy to see the difference between the patterns of a cryogenically treated barrel and an untreated one. The Crio® System…
- Creates a uniform shot pattern
- Enables barrels to stay cleaner longer
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.