After achieving several podium finishes at the last World Shotgun Championships with its unrivaled cycling speed, the 1301 Comp has evolved into the Pro version following the implementation of suggestions made by Beretta’s multiple medal-winning shooters.
With the comfort, stability and easy swing offered by the new stock, the ultra-fast, safe loading system, the new oversized cocking handle and bolt release lever, the 1301 Comp Pro is now, even in its standard configuration, the most competitive dynamic shooting platform, but has plenty of capacity for further personalization and is therefore very sought after by the most demanding of shooters.
The 1301 Comp Pro includes a new polymeric receiver with the Kick-Off Plus system consisting of two elastomer dampeners complete with return springs, positioned near the rubber insert, which effectively mitigate the first recoil peak reducing the perceived recoil by up to 40%. A third elastomer dampener, located in the stock bolt, absorbs the impact of the slide against the stock, thus reducing the second recoil peak, muzzle jump and any vibrations caused by the movement of the slide.
The B-Steady system divides the stock into two sections: Butt and forearm. The recoil absorption point is in an advanced position, moving in unison with the forearm, which is free to move back leaving the butt stable and avoiding any annoying rubbing of the comb against the cheek. The cheek remains still and rests perfectly without ever losing the line of fire.
For more comfort, the comb comes with Soft Comb, a soft insert which is gentle against the cheek.
The rubber Comfort Grip improves sensitivity and pistol grip.
The spacers provided allow the drop and cast to be adjusted.
The MicroCore recoil plate ensures perfect shouldering and maximum stability when shooting and allows for the possibility to adjust the stock’s length to suit your requirements using the two spacers provided.
The ergonomic Comfort Grip forend, also made of polymer with a rubber insert, offers maximum grip even in poor weather conditions.
- The 1301 Comp Pro has a plugged 2+1 capacity; it has a maximum capacity of 4 + 1.
- Enlarged Loading Port in competition style for easier and faster ammunition insertion.
- Aluminum Receiver
- Redesigned both in the upper and lower profile.
- The blue anodized Ergal receiver combines lightness with extreme robustness and reliability, and inside houses the re-loading system, the ultra-tested gas system with rotating head B-Link closure system, which has a 36% faster cycling speed than any other semi-automatic, it is reliable and accurate round after round, even with light loads.
- The 1301 Comp Pro has a 3” chamber but uses an oversized 3.5” Pro Lifter which facilitates cartridge loading. To make quick loading and quad-loading even easier, the loading gate has been enlarged and the lifter has a system which keeps it raised during loading operations, thus creating a sort of “chute” for the ammunition, which simultaneously eliminates the risk of the user pinching their thumb between the lever and the gate.
- The cocking handle and bolt release lever are also oversized with a wider, checkered profile, all details which contribute to making re-loading even easier, including during competition peaks when the gun is pushed to the max.
- Four threaded holes on the upper part of the stock enable a Picatinny rail to be attached.
- The ballistic performance of the 1301 Comp Pro takes full advantage of the Beretta Steelium barrel’s exceptional features: Created using Beretta’s exclusive tri-alloy steel (Ni, Cr, Mo), deep drilling, cold hammer forging, vacuum distension and characterized by the elongated 80 mm double forcing cone. The internal profile of the OptimaBore HP barrels was designed and tested to guarantee excellent ballistic performance with all types of ammunition: Lead, steel and High Performance steel. The result is pattern distributions which are always dense and perfect, partly thanks to the three interchangeable OptimaChoke HP Black Edition choke tubes it is supplied with, making it possible to adjust the choke depending on the competition.
- 10×8 stepped rib with fibre optic sight and mid-bead sight for optimum target acquisition.
|Action||Semi-auto||Buttstock||Synthetic Kick-Off Plus|
|Stock Finish||Black||Length of Pull||Adjustable|
|Adjustable Comb||No||Recoil Pad||Kick-Off Plus|
|Magazine||Fixed Tube||Magazine Capacity||4|
|Fore End||Synthetic||Receiver Material||Aluminum|
|Receiver Finish||Anodized Blue||Optic Interface||Drilled and Tapped|
|Rear Sight||Mid Bead||Front Sight||Green Fiber Optic|
|Rib Type||Step 10x8mm||Barrel Type||Optima Bore HP|
|Chamber (mm)||76||Barrel Length (cm)||53.5|
|Barrel Finish||Black||Choke Family||OBHP|
|Choke Included||(3) Extended Chokes||Overall Length (in; cm)||~44.5; 110|
|Weight Unloaded (lbs; kg)||~7.4; 3.4|
Developed with Practical Shooting Champions
The 1301 Comp Pro is the best existing platform for practical shooting already in the standard version. The wide range of possible customizations makes it a “tailor-made” shotgun. Featuring the comfort, stability and balance of the stock, the ultra-fast and safe loading system, the new bolt handle and release, as well as the 4 + 1 shot capacity magazine, the 1301 Comp Pro adapts to the needs of every shooter.
The controls are all concentrated on the right side of the aircraft-grade aluminum receiver. Their extension allows for quicker access and operation: the bolt handle and release have a wide checkered profile, while the extended loading port facilitates the insertion of the ammunition. The lifter has a system which keeps it raised, thus creating a sort of “ramp” for the cartridges, which simultaneously eliminates the risk of thumb pinching.
B-LINK: Reload as fast as the Blink of an Eye (+36%)
The B-Link gas operating system is the most reliable in the world. The power of this system, combined with the precision of the rotating bolt, ensures a fast, reliable and smart cycle. As fast as the blink of an eye: hence his name B-Link.
The need for maintenance is the lowest ever, and cleaning your firearm will be extremely easy, fast and safe.
Kick-Off Plus: Optimal Recoil Reduction
Kick-Off Plus is a powerful recoil reduction system developed by Beretta. Two elastomer shock absorbers, positioned close to the rubber insert and equipped with return springs, which effectively act on the first recoil peak, reducing its perception up to 40%. A third elastomer shock absorber, inserted in the tie rod, absorbs the impact of the slide against the receiver, reducing the second recoil peak, the muzzle rise effect and the vibrations.
The B-Steady system divides the stock into two sections: stock and pistol. The recoil makes its effects felt only on the pistol, leaving the stock stable and avoiding the sliding of the nose piece on the cheek and helping not to lose the line of sight.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.