The “A1” class is a specialized tactical branch of the most tested and trusted military and personal defense weapon in history: the 92FS.
We started with the super-reliable 92, keeping the engineering characteristics that make it so accurate, safe and dependable; then, we added some features prized by today’s most demanding tactical shooters as well as by those wanting the absolute best for home defense or personal protection. The result is the 92A1, a pistol that is as reliable for its intended use as it is safe and user-friendly even for the novice.
- Ambidextrous Safety
- The safety-decocking lever of the 92FS is fully ambidextrous. Besides enabling easy use by right- and left-handed shooters, this features makes it possible to operate the control in different ways and under different tactical situations, such as during unholstering.
- Disassembly Latch
- The 92FS features an easy-to-operate disassembly latch, enabling easy field-stripping without any tools.
- Dovetail Front Sight
- The front sight may be removed by the user and replaced, if desired, with a variety of accessory sights.
- External Hammer
- The rounded external hammer of the 92FS offers all the advantages of a visible hammer, plus a sleek and snag-free profile.
- Frame Integrated Recoil Buffer
- This pistol was designed to be super durable; it incorporates a recoil buffer that protects the frame from even the hottest +P loads.
- Picatinny Rail
- The most noticeable outward difference between the classic 92/M9 and the A1 configuration is the Picatinny rail extending forward of the trigger guard. This can be easily equipped with a variety of accessories such as lights, lasers and other tactical devices.
- Recoil Spring Assembly
- The recoil spring assembly is captive, meaning that it comes apart as a unit rather than as individual parts. This makes cleaning and maintenance considerably faster and easier.
- Reversible Magazine Release
- The magazine release button is reversible by the user, making this tactical pistol easy to use both right- and left-handed.
- Rounded Trigger Guard
- The trigger guard of the A1 series is rounded; apart from giving the pistol a classic look, it helps fully utilize the length of the accessory rail without the trigger guard getting in the way.
|Barrel Length (mm)||125|
|Sight Radius (in; mm)||6.1; 155|
|Overall Height (in; mm)||5.4; 137|
|Overall Length (in; mm)||8.5; 217|
|Overall Width (in; mm)||1.5; 38|
|Weight Unloaded (oz; g)||33.3; 945|
Easy Accessorization and Maintenance
The most noticeable difference between the classic 92FS and the 92A1 is that this comes with an integral Picatinny rail situated in front of the trigger guard. The rail makes it easy to attach a variety of tactical accessories, including lighting systems and laser aiming devices. Also, the 92A1 has a removable front sight, meaning that you can exchange it in a matter of minutes without any gunsmithing or alteration to the pistol. Maintenance is easy thanks to the tool-free disassembly latch as well as the captive recoil-spring unit.
Impressive Firepower, Extra-Durable Magazines
Another feature that will impress you about the 92A1 is the type of magazine it comes with. This pistol comes with two 10-round magazines designed to deliver remarkable firepower out of the box while being absolutely durable and corrosion resistant. Furthermore, the magazines on the 92A1 feature a “dirt rail” along their length, which helps collect dust and grit out of the magazine while keeping cartridges clear of the magazine walls. The result: enhanced feeding reliability and super-easy magazine maintenance.
Absolutely Reliable, Designed to Last
The base design of the 92A1 is the 92FS or M9, the pistol that has served the US military admirably throughout its campaigns in the world’s toughest environments. But even in this respect, Beretta never rests on its laurels. This pistol incorporates an innovative internal frame buffer that greatly reduces component stress under firing (yes, even with hot +P ammo), making it even more durable and smooth-shooting. The best of both worlds, the 92A1 offers discriminating shooters the classic overall look and feel of the 92 (including the more traditional rounded trigger-guard) with today’s most advanced tactical features.
|Distributor Product Number||J9A9F11|
|Beretta Italy Item Code||A5M21111111113|
|Beretta USA Model Code||J9A9F11|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.