The new Beretta 92X Performance Defensive has been especially designed to take your competition performance to the next level. Specifically built for IDPA competitors, the 92X Performance Defensive features the ergonomic features of the popular 92X Performance platform with a lightened steel frame and slide, a red-dot optic ready slide, and aggressively textured 92X-style thin grips.
- Technical choices, such as the Vertec steel frame and the Brigadier slide, take the weight of the 92X Performance to 1350 g, a key weight which increases the pistol’s stability and reduces muzzle rise when shooting. The oversized magazine and the rear chequering, which can also be found on the front of the frame, improve the pistol’s handling as well as its grip. The raised frame profile near the magazine release enables the shooter’s hand to sit as high as possible on the hilt, which itself is also oversized to enable a deeper hold. The magazine release is oversized and reversible and an adjustable version is available on the aftermarket. Safety on the frame is ambidextrous and is available in three different size profiles, making it adaptable to various hand types and different IDPA divisions.
- Faster Cycle Time
- To enable even faster cycle time, the 92X has a skeletonized hammer with a competition standard hammer spring. The new Extreme-S trigger mechanism keeps the striker automatic safety latch active ensuring the safety of the pistol in case it falls but decreases trigger reset by up to 40%. With the Extreme-S the 92X Performance has an “out of the box” weight of 1.5 kg in single action and 3 kg in double action. The saw-toothed handling grooves on the front and rear of the Brigadier slide ensure maximum grip during slide movement, in all conditions. The steel spring recoil rod ensures maximum operational accuracy. The area where the finger rests on the trigger is chequered and was redesigned to achieve a vertical front profile in single action.
- The “Match” take down lever ensures a precise reference point for the second hand. The “hold open” lever profile is lowered and is of the “stealth lever” type, so as not to interfere with the finger resting on the safety lever during the out of ammunition warning.
- The front bead is equipped with a red fibre optic insert to enable quick and accurate aim realignment, it also has a rear sight, without coloured references, which can be adjusted laterally and vertically to the micrometre.
- The 92X Performance also offers the possibility to regulate overtravel via an adjustment screw located inside of the magwell.
- The 92X has an appealing and refined dual tone look, obtained using a Nistan finish to treat the frame surface and slide with the contrast provided by the black burnished barrel.
- The pistol comes with two 10-cartridge magazines with an oversized rubber pad to give the dominant hand extra grip and to protect the magazine during quick change operations.
|Grip Width (in)||1.5||Magazine Capacity||10|
|Safety||Frame Mounted – Non Decocking||Rail||No|
|Rear Sight||Target Adjustable||Front Sight||Fiber Optic|
|Sight Radius (in; mm)||6.7; 171||Slide Finish||Nistan|
|Barrel Length (mm)||125||Overall Length (in; mm)||8.7; 222|
|Overall Height (in; mm)||5.8; 148||Overall Width (in; mm)||1.8; 4|
|Weight Unloaded (oz; g)||42.7; 1210.5|
|Distributor Product Number||5W12511117211|
|Beretta Italy Item Code||A5W12511117211|
|Beretta USA Model Code||J92XRD20|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.