Browning 1911-style, autoloading 22 LR pistol with Tungsten Cerakote finish on slide, metal 3-dot sights.
Exactly how a 22 LR caliber Model 1911 should be. The Browning 1911-22 isn’t a full size 1911 with a barrel conversion kit. It’s built to approximately 85% of the scale of John M. Browning’s original 1911 pistol chambered in 45 ACP and as been precision designed with a sense of duty to the original and copiously tested to ensure accuracy, function and the feel you should expect from a pistol bearing the Browning name.
The 1911-22 is a single-action design and foregoes the tilting barrel of the original in favor of a straight blowback operation. The 10-round magazine is made from solid steel and utilizes a coil spring for more reliable operation.
More than expected. Black Label models include a host of features that enhance shootability. The flat mainspring housing make the grip more comfortable for a broader range of shooters. A beavertail grip safety prevents hammer bite and the bump ensures positive engagement. The skeletonized hammer and trigger offer a positive feel. An ambidextrous, extended safety is easy to reach and operate.
- Machined alloy slide with Tungsten Cerakote finish
- Composite frame with machined 7075 aluminum sub-frame
- Steel 3-dot sights
- Black composite grips
- Includes pistol rug
|Receiver Material||Black Composite||Receiver Finish||Matte Black|
|Trigger Material||Alloy||Trigger Finish||Matte Black|
|Trigger Guard Material||Composite||Trigger Guard Finish||Matte Black|
|Magazine Type||Single Stack||Magazine Capacity||10|
|Rear Sight||Combat White Dot||Front Sight||White Dot|
|Sight Radius (in)||5 1/2||Barrel Material||Steel|
|Barrel Finish||Matte||Overall Length (in)||7 3/8|
|Weight (oz)||14||Case||Pistol Rug|
John M. Browning developed the Model 1911 to fire the powerful 45 ACP cartridge. We developed it to fire the 22 L.R. and, after extensive testing and research, determined that 85% of the original size was ideal for the smaller cartridge. Put one in your hands and we know that you’ll agree. The grip is comfortable even in large hands and feels equally at home in smaller ones. The lightweight alloy construction is anything but light duty. Own a little piece of history today. And now with the addition of a polymer-framed version, you have more choices than ever.
- After extensive testing and research, determined that 85% of the original size was ideal for the smaller cartridge. Put one in your hands and we know that you’ll agree.
- Just like the original 1911 design, the Browning 1911-22 has both a grip safety and a manual thumb safety, making it one of the safest autoloading rimfire pistols available.
- The 10-round magazine has a heat-treated steel body and coil spring for long life and smooth, reliable feeding. The polymer magazine follower and base pad offer durability with low maintenance, and the twin follower relief buttons allow for easier loading.
- Just like the original 1911 design, the Browning 1911-22 has a crisp, clean single-action trigger pull for improved shootability. If you like the feel of the trigger on the original 1911, you’ll love the trigger on the 1911-22.
- The slide and frame are precision machined from aircraft grade 7075 T6 alloy for light weight and long life. A steel slide block encloses the firing pin and extractor, and a durable matte black anodized finish completes the overall package.
- The rimfire Browning 1911-22 is scaled at 85% of the full-size 1911. From its alloy slide and frame to its button-rifled, target crowned steel barrel, the Browning 1911-22 is reliable, accurate and designed to provide years of fast-shooting fun for the whole family.
- If you already have one of the full-sized originals this is going to be easy to learn.
Comparison to full-sized 1911 pistol
- We created the perfectly sized 1911 in .22 caliber. 85% of the original size is ideal for the smaller cartridge. Put one in your hands and we know that you’ll agree. The grip is comfortable even in large hands and feels equally at home in smaller ones.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.