Checkered wood grips with inlaid Buckmark, Picatinny accessory rail with Crimson Trace laser, stainless finish slide flats.
Two Browning creations combined. John M. Browning invented both the Model 1911 pistol and the 380 ACP cartridge. Whether he ever intended to pair the two we’ll never know for sure. The Browning 1911-380 isn’t a full size 1911, it’s built to approximately 85% of the scale of the original 1911 pistol chambered in 45 ACP. The 1911-380 is a faithful replica, fulfilling the sense of duty to the original and copiously tested to ensure accuracy, function and the feel you should expect from a pistol bearing the Browning name.
The Right 380. The 1911-380 is a single-action design with a locking, tilting barrel like the original. The 8-round magazine is made from heat-treated steel for long service life. Beginners and experts alike enjoy shooting the 1911-380. The light, single-action trigger is confidence inspiring, easier to use and more accurate for new shooters than a longer double-action trigger. Shooting the 1911-380 reveals a remarkably controlled handgun. Recoil is light and easy to control with the normally snappy 380 ACP cartridge.
It’s the right size, with the right features, in the right caliber. It’s the right 380.
More than expected. Black Label models include a host of features that enhance shootability. The flat mainspring housing make the grip more comfortable for a broader range of shooters. A beavertail grip safety prevents hammer bite and the bump ensures positive engagement. The skeletonized hammer and trigger offer a positive feel. An ambidextrous, extended safety is easy to reach and operate.
- Composite frame with machined 7075 aluminum sub-frame and slide rails
- Supplied Crimson Trace Laser on dust cover picatinny accessory rail
- Blackened stainless steel slide with silver brushed polished flats
- Corrosion-resistant barrel with target crown
- Tiling barrel, locked-breech action; Single action trigger
- Rosewood-colored grips with intricate cut checkering and gold-colored Buckmark
- Extended ambidextrous manual thumb safety
- Extended slide release
- Beavertail grip safety
- Commander-style hammer
- Available with metal three-dot combat sights
- Includes two magazines
- ABS carry case included
|Receiver Material||Black Composite||Receiver Finish||Matte|
|Trigger Material||Alloy||Trigger Finish||Matte Black|
|Trigger Guard Material||Composite||Trigger Guard Finish||Matte Black|
|Magazine Type||Single Stack||Magazine Capacity||8|
|Rear Sight||Combat White Dot||Front Sight||Combat White Dot|
|Sight Radius (in)||5 3/8||Barrel Material||Steel|
|Barrel Finish||Matte||Overall Length (in)||7 1/2|
The new Browning 1911-380 is the Right Design, the Right Size, with the Right Features. Based on the John M. Browning’s 1911 pistol design and using the cartridge he created, the new 1911-380 pistol gets it right in every way.
There are few firearms that are more recognizable than the iconic 1911 pistol. Legendary gun designer John M. Browning designed both the 1911 pistol and the mighty 45 ACP caliber it is most often chambered for. The rugged 1911 45 ACP pistol dutifully served as the official sidearm of America’s military forces for more than 70 years, and despite the design being over 100 years old, it continues to be one of the most popular firearms available. In addition to being the choice for elite military and law enforcement units, civilians choose the 1911 for everything from competition shooting to personal protection.
Browning’s 1911-380 is the Right Design, the Right Size, with the Right Features. It is The Right 380. The 1911-380 combines the proven 1911 design with another of John Browning’s inventions —the 380 ACP cartridge — in a package that is 15% smaller than the 45 ACP models and tips the scales at a mere 17-1/2 ounces unloaded. With a manual of arms similar to the 1911, the 1911-380 the perfect choice for concealed carry, home protection, shooters with smaller hands or recoil-sensitive handgunners.
In addition to the 1911 pistol and 45 ACP cartridge, John Browning also developed the 380 ACP cartridge, which has also been in service for more than 100 years. With recent advances in ammunition technology, the 380 ACP is a legitimate choice for personal protection with the popularity of micro 380 ACP handguns skyrocketing.
The 1911-380 is 85% of the size of the original
1911 45 ACP model, making it ideally suited for concealed carry duty, and for a wider variety of shooters.
It offers a familiar feel.
Variants of the 1911 handgun are popular among the concealed carry crowd, and the design is one that many shooters are highly familiar with. The 1911, thanks to its single-stack magazine, is narrow and conceals well for its size. However, 45 ACP and 9mm versions of these guns are still large, heavy, and can be difficult to conceal depending on what the carrier is wearing.
Unlike other 380 ACP autoloaders on the market, the 1911-380 is the only authentically designed, full-featured 1911-style handgun currently available that is chambered in 380 ACP. The 1911-380 is slightly larger than all of the popular micro 380s, the grip is long enough for three fingers to fit comfortably below the trigger guard; the slide and barrel are longer, yet the 1911-380 only weighs 3-5 ounces more than subcompacts. These slight increases make a big difference when shooting — reducing recoil and allowing for more comfortable shooting, more control, and more accurate follow-up shots. A 1911-380 is still easily concealed with its smaller size and single-stack magazine that offer a compact, flat profile that fits easily inside the waistband and keeps the grip narrow for shooters with smaller hands.
- The 1911-380 is the only authentically designed, full-featured 1911-style handgun currently available that is chambered in 380 ACP. Compact, for sure. But the 1911-380 is just a tiny bit larger than many micro 380s.
- You get greater shooting comfort because the grip is long enough for three fingers to fit below the trigger guard.
- Yes, the slide and barrel are longer. But this greatly improves accuracy and function — yet the 1911-380 only weighs 3-5 ounces more than subcompacts.
Follows up better
- It is the perfect size to reduce recoil and barrel jump, and allow for more comfortable shooting, more control, and more accurate follow-up shots.
- It is easily concealed with its smaller size and single-stack magazine that offer a compact, flat profile that fits easily inside the waistband and keeps the grip narrow for shooters with smaller hands.
Light, Crisp Trigger
- One of the biggest performance advantages of the 1911 is a single-action trigger that provides a light, crisp pull that allows for excellent accuracy. The 1911-380 is no exception. The trigger and light recoil make the 1911-380 capable of extremely accurate follow up shots.
Safeties for “Condition 1” Carry
- Unlike other compact, 1911-style 380 ACP pistols available, the 1911-380 includes both the manual thumb safety and grip safety found on the full-size model. Multiple safeties offer secure “Condition 1” carry. The 1911-380 thumb safety is an ambidextrous design that allows it to be easily manipulated by right- and left-handed shooters. A beavertail-style grip safety helps prevent hammer bite and allows a higher grip to help control muzzle flip.
- The natural grip angle offers instinctual pointing and a feel that 1911 shooters are already familiar with.
Low Bore Axis
- A low bore axis provides excellent recoil control and shooting comfort.
Natural Grip Angle
- Extended Ambidextrous Safety
- Ambidextrous thumb safety is easy to operate.
- Extended design is easier to reach with the strong hand.
- Beavertail Grip Safety
- The beavertail design prevents bite to the hand from the grip safety.
- Raised bump ensures positive operation.
- The steel magazine body is heat treated for long-term feeding reliability and long life.
- 8-round capacity.
- Flat Mainspring Housing
- Makes the grip more comfortable for a wider range of shooters.
- Engineering grade composite
- Combat-style sights offer rapid target acquisition
- ABS Carry Case
- The 1911-380 pistol is shipped in a sturdy ABS case.
Today’s 380 ammo makes a difference
- Today’s high performance 380 ammunition is one reason the 1911-380 is such a viable choice
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.