Originally designed by Browning family member Bruce Browning, the civilian BAR was the rifle that set the standard for autoloading hunting rifles. The latest MK 3 version builds on the previous iterations with contemporary styling, fine oil finish walnut, a precision alloy receiver and a hammer-forged barrel. The BAR features accuracy and performance that will make autoloading enthusiasts out of the most skeptical riflemen.
The BAR MK 3 features accuracy, speed and caliber selection that is unmatched by any other hunting autoloader. Cartridges are fed from a detachable box magazine, so be sure to keep a spare in your pocket for fast reloads.
- Aircraft-grade aluminum alloy receiver with satin nickel finish and enhanced, high-relief engraving
- Drilled and tapped for scope mounts
- Hammer-forged barrel
- Grade II walnut stock with oil finish
- Reliable short-stroke, gas piston operation
- Detachable box magazine
- Composite trigger guard and floorplate
- Shim adjustable for cast on/off and drop at comb
- Sling swivel stud for bi-pod
- QD sling swivel cups, sling swivels included
- High-Strength Multi-lug Rotary Bolt
- The BAR is a gas-operated autoloader with a high strength, seven-lug rotating bolt that locks securely into the barrel for a precise breech-to-chamber relationship. This gives the BAR exceptional accuracy and the strength to handle magnum cartridges
- Reliable Short-Stroke, Gas Piston Operation
- The gas system of the BAR is driven by a piston, rather than direct impingement, keeping gas and fouling out of the action. The piston drives a strong action bar/inertia block link-up system that reduces barrel vibration to improve accuracy. An integral buffering system reduces wear and stress on the operating system.
- Inflex Technology
- This recoil pad has proprietary construction and material to promote a directional deflection of recoil forces, pulling the stock comb away from your face to reduce felt recoil and muzzle climb.
|Action||Semi-auto||Action Length||Long Action|
|Length of Pull (in)||13 3/4||Drop at Comb (in)||7/8|
|Drop at Heel (in)||1 1/8||Stock Material||Turkish Walnut|
|Stock Finish||Oil||Recoil Pad||Polymer Inflex|
|Pistol Grip Cap||None||Trigger Guard Material||Composite|
|Trigger Guard Engraving||Buck Mark in Gold||Trigger Material||Alloy|
|Trigger Finish||Gold Plated||Receiver Material||Aluminum Alloy|
|Receiver Finish||Matte Nickel||Magazine Type||Hinged Floorplate w/ Detachable Box|
|Magazine Capacity||3||Floor Plate Material||Composite|
|Drilled and Tapped for Scope||Yes|
|Barrel Material||Steel||Barrel Contour||Sporter|
|Chamber Finish||Chrome Plated||Barrel Finish||Polished Blued|
|Twist Rate (in)||10||Overall Length (in)||45 3/8|
|Weight||7 lbs 11 oz||Checkering||Cut 18 LPI|
|Wood Grade||Grade II||Sling Swivel Studs||Steel Integral|
A 100 year history of military and sporting superiority.
Few hunting rifles in history have achieved the status of the Browning BAR. And no other autoloaders have even come close. The line covers a wide range of tastes from the original styling of the BAR Safari, to the working rifle look of the Stalker version to the feature packed Short and Long Trac versions with modern aesthetics and handling features.
The Browning BAR has a long standing tradition for achieving bolt action like accuracy in an autoloading rifle. Some of this is accounted for in the extreme level of precision and careful craftsmanship that goes into every rifle. But the design really sets it apart. The gas system combined with a 7-lug rotary bolt give the shooting significant recoil reduction for comfort, while at the same time locking in bolt action-like accuracy.
To complete the package, the BAR is available in a full spectrum of calibers from the most popular magnum calibers (including the WSMs) down to long range, high velocity varmint class loads.
- Modern Calibers. The BAR is the king of calibers . . . handling popular big game cartridges up to belted magnums. Did I say including the likes of 338 Win. Mag. and the WSMs? Yes indeed.
- Receiver. The Safari model uses a one-piece ordnance steel receiver that is richly blued with scroll engraving and is drilled and tapped for scope mounts. Stalker, ShortTracT and LongTracT models have an aircraft-grade aluminum alloy receiver, drilled and tapped for scope mounts. The bolt release lever is incorporated into the receiver.
- Sights. Open sights on the Lightweight Stalker only. The rear sight is click adjustable. Front sight is a gold bead design dovetailed into a hooded ramp.
- Stock and Forearm. The fluted stock design incorporates a full pistol grip with an undercut and is contoured for use with open sights or a scope. The forearm is full and hand-filling. LongTrac and ShortTrac stocks are shim adjustable for cast on/off and drop. Sling swivel studs are installed in the stock and forearm.
- Safety. Crossbolt design with enlarged head.
- Trigger. Short, smooth, single-stage pull. The trigger assembly can be easily removed for maintenance and cleaning. Enlarged trigger guard.
- Magazine. Detachable box magazine with a unique hinged floorplate.
- Action. The BAR is a gas-operated autoloader with an extra strong, multiple-lug rotating bolt that locks directly into the barrel. Every cartridge that is loaded into the chamber of the BAR is surrounded by a recessed bolt face, which is encircled by the barrel and then surrounded by the receiver. Three complete rings of steel surround the cartridge. A seven-lug bolt and precise breech-to-chamber relationship give the BAR exceptional accuracy and the strength to handle magnum loads. The strong and very rigid action bar/inertia block link-up improves accuracy by reducing barrel vibration. The buffering system reduces wear and stress on the rifle’s mechanism.
- Barrel. Individually machined from hammer-forged, heat-treated billets of steel.
- Safety Lock. All Browning firearms are shipped with a free trigger lock, padlock or chamber lock, depending on model, to assist in the safe storage of firearms.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.