Browning has found the secret to improving shooting comfort and accuracy with Recoil Hawg muzzle brakes. If you’ve spent time behind a rifle, you know that the repeated jolt of felt recoil experienced by long range shooters and magnum calibers takes a toll, both physically and mentally, and can affect accuracy. Browning developed the Recoil Hawg to counter these effects, devouring felt recoil by as much as 76% (depending on the caliber). Specially designed directional porting also reduces muzzle jump significantly to keep the target in your scope. Because the porting blows gases up and to the sides, your dust signature is also minimized. With the Recoil Hawg, you’ll experience less discomfort and fatigue during longer range sessions and matches. Accuracy is also less likely to suffer because of reduced fatigue and flinching.
- Multi-port design reduces felt recoil up to 76% (depending on caliber)
- Top and side ports direct gases to reduce muzzle rise
- Closed bottom design helps reduce dust signature during firing
- Rugged all-steel construction
- Multi-caliber design that is suitable for rifles that are .30 caliber or smaller.
- The Standard Recoil Hawg will fit most bull and heavy-sporter profile rifle barrels with a minimum barrel shoulder of .700″ and 5/8″-24 TPI or 1/2″-28 TPI muzzle threads. (Browning X-Bolt Target and Long-Range models.)
- Measurements: 2.2″ L x 1″ W
Performance (Relative to Bare Muzzle/Thread Protector):
|Max Recoil Reduction (%)||76||Gas Blowback at Shooter’s Position||Increased|
|Concusiveness||Increased||Follow Up Speed||Increased|
|User Tunable||No||Field Removable||Yes|
|Ease of Cleaning||Standard||Built-in Indexing||No|
|Thread Size (in)||5/8 – 24 Adapter, 1/2 – 28 Adapter||Material||Metal|
|Finish||Burnt Bronze Cerakote||Max Baffle Angle||Standard|
|Length (in)||2.2||Width (in)||1|
|Height (in; cm)||~1.1; 2.7||Weight (oz)||3.35|
|Known Compatible Calibers||30 Caliber or Smaller|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.