The Buck Knives 840 Sprint Select is the perfect lightweight, everyday carry knife. The 840 Sprint Select features ball bearing technology that allows this folding knife to open smooth and rapidly when you engage the flipper on the top of the knife. A sturdy liner lock safely secures the blade open while in use. The knife folds closed to 4 3/8″ (11.1 cm) to easily fit into your pocket. The satin finished, drop point blade is made of razor sharp 420HC steel ideal for a variety of everyday task. The lightweight, ergonomic handle is made of glassed filled nylon comes in different colors to suit your style. This knife is easy to carry with the convenient deep pocket clip. The 840 Sprint Select is perfect for someone that wants a moder, lightweight, everyday carry knife with a high end ball bearing opening system.
- One Handed Opening
- Has a thumb stud, blade hole or other feature to facilitate one-hand use. Some models are one-hand opening and one-hand closing as well.
- 420HC Steel
- This is Buck’s standard blade material because it approaches the wear resistance of high carbon alloys while delivering the corrosion resistance of chromium stainless steels. Add our exclusive heat-treat process and you have a very user-friendly combination of superior corrosion resistance with excellent strength for wear resistance and durability. You also have a blade that is easy to resharpen. For best performance we harden to a Rockwell hardness of Rc 58.
- Drop Point
- This blade is full bellied with a strong, thick point for heavier tasks. The top of the blade drops down toward the tip, which minimizes accidental punctures. The drop point blade is strong and versatile.
- Ball Bearing Knife Technology
- Ball bearing knives are designed for smooth and efficient opening with a reduction in friction for rapid blade deployment.
- Liner Lock
- A Liner Lock is a folding knife that locks open via a tensioned metal liner inside the handle. Similar to a Lockback, opening the blade activates the lock. Unlocking is achieved by placing the thumb on the front part of the liner and pushing to the left, which release the blade. Liner locks are typically one hand open, one hand close. A blade thumbstud, flipper, or hole, enables one hand opening.
- Paul Bos Heat Treat
- We are known for our blades. Buck Knives is a market leader in edge retention thanks to our steel selections and heat treat process pioneered by industry famous, Paul Bos, whose heat treating system has proven to be the best in the business. Each blade is put through a rigorous heat treat process and quality performance test. It is then tempered to the appropriate Rockwell Hardness through a heating, freezing, and reheating system. This gives you longer edge life, ease of resharpening, and a blade that will not fail you.
- Made in the USA
- At Buck, we are proud that this knife is made in the USA. The materials and workmanship involved in creating your knife will be done with the utmost care and will be free of defects.
- Forever Warranty
- We warranty each and every Buck knife to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the knife, and we will repair or replace with a new knife, at our option, any Buck knife that is defective. Buck Knives does not warrant its products against normal wear, misuse, or product modifications. Buck Knives are not intended to be used as hammers, chisels, pry bars, or screwdrivers.
|Knife Type||Folding||Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Blade Length (cm)||3.125||Blade Thickness (in)||0.12|
|Blade Material||420HC Stainless Steel||Blade Finish||Tumbled|
|Handle||Black glass filled nylon||Carry System||Deep pocket clip|
|Closed Length (in; cm)||4.375; 11.1||Weight (oz; g)||3.2; 90.7|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.