The Buck Knives 842 Sprint Ops Pro is designed to be the perfect, upgraded, everyday carry knife. The 842 Sprint Ops Pro features ball bearing technology that allows this folding knife to open smooth and rapidly when you engage the flipper on the top of the knife. A sturdy liner lock safely secures the blade open while in use. Folds down to easy to carry 4 3/8″ (11.1cm) when closed. The drop point blade is made of razor sharp S30V steel coated in Cerakote® Graphite Black for added corrosion resistance and durability. The handle is made of super tough, black and blue G10. This knife is easy to carry with the convenient deep pocket clip. The 842 Sprint Ops Pro is perfect for someone that wants the best materials on a modern everyday carry knife.
- One Handed Opening
- Has a thumb stud, blade hole or other feature to facilitate one-hand use. Some models are one-hand opening and one-hand closing as well.
- S30V Steel
- This advanced steel, S30V, contains carbon as well as high amounts of Chromium, Molybdenum and Vanadium. This steel combines fantastic edge retention and high ductility combined with corrosion resistance. Double tempered – it can be hardened to a Rockwell hardness of RC 59.5-61.
- Drop Point
- This blade is full bellied with a strong, thick point for heavier tasks. The top of the blade drops down toward the tip, which minimizes accidental punctures. The drop point blade is strong and versatile.
- Ball Bearing Knife Technology
- Ball bearing knives are designed for smooth and efficient opening with a reduction in friction for rapid blade deployment.
- Cerakote® Coating
- Cerakote™ is a Polymer-Ceramic Composite coating that can be applied to metals, plastics, polymers and wood. The unique formulation used for Cerakote™ ceramic coating enhances a number of physical performance properties including abrasion/wear resistance, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, impact strength, and hardness. Cerakote™ ceramic coatings utilize state-of-the-art technology to outperform any competitive coating in both laboratory setting and real world applications.
- G10 Material
- An almost indestructible resin laminate that is resistant to heat, cold, chemicals, impact, and other abuse. These tough, durable qualities make G10 well suited for knife handles.
- Liner Lock
- A Liner Lock is a folding knife that locks open via a tensioned metal liner inside the handle. Similar to a Lockback, opening the blade activates the lock. Unlocking is achieved by placing the thumb on the front part of the liner and pushing to the left, which release the blade. Liner locks are typically one hand open, one hand close. A blade thumbstud, flipper, or hole, enables one hand opening.
- Flipper Knife
- A flipper knife opens by engaging the tab on the top of the knife with your index finger for rapid deployment.
- Paul Bos Heat Treat
- We are known for our blades. Buck Knives is a market leader in edge retention thanks to our steel selections and heat treat process pioneered by industry famous, Paul Bos, whose heat treating system has proven to be the best in the business. Each blade is put through a rigorous heat treat process and quality performance test. It is then tempered to the appropriate Rockwell Hardness through a heating, freezing, and reheating system. This gives you longer edge life, ease of resharpening, and a blade that will not fail you.
- Made in the USA
- At Buck, we are proud that this knife is made in the USA. The materials and workmanship involved in creating your knife will be done with the utmost care and will be free of defects.
- Forever Warranty
- We warranty each and every Buck knife to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the knife, and we will repair or replace with a new knife, at our option, any Buck knife that is defective. Buck Knives does not warrant its products against normal wear, misuse, or product modifications. Buck Knives are not intended to be used as hammers, chisels, pry bars, or screwdrivers.
|Knife Type||Folding||Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Blade Length (cm)||3.125||Blade Thickness (in)||0.120|
|Blade Material||S30V Steel||Blade Finish||Cerakote Graphite Black|
|Handle||Blue and black G10||Carry System||Deep pocket clip|
|Closed Length (in; cm)||4.375; 11.1||Weight (oz; g)||3.4; 96.4|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.