This fixed blade classic is made for field work and big game hunters. The contoured handle and safety guard make maneuvering through field dressing a breeze. The drop point blade is made from industry standard 420HC stainless steel for supreme edge retention and is finished with Buck’s Advanced Edge 2x Blade Technology. With a texturized rubber handle, the 692 Vanguard knife is the one tool you don’t want to be without.
- 420 HC Steel
- This is Buck’s standard blade material because it approaches the wear resistance of high carbon alloys while delivering the corrosion resistance of chromium stainless steels. Add our exclusive heat-treat process and you have a very user-friendly combination of superior corrosion resistance with excellent strength for wear resistance and durability. You also have a blade that is easy to resharpen. For best performance we harden to a Rockwell hardness of Rc 58.
- Drop Point
- This blade is full bellied with a strong, thick point for heavier tasks. The top of the blade drops down toward the tip, which minimizes accidental punctures. The drop point blade is strong and versatile.
- Paul Bos Heat Treat
- We are known for our blades. Buck Knives is a market leader in edge retention thanks to our steel selections and heat treat process pioneered by industry famous, Paul Bos, whose heat treating system has proven to be the best in the business. Each blade is put through a rigorous heat treat process and quality performance test. It is then tempered to the appropriate Rockwell Hardness through a heating, freezing, and reheating system. This gives you longer edge life, ease of resharpening, and a blade that will not fail you.
- Made in the USA
- At Buck, we are proud that this knife is made in the USA. The materials and workmanship involved in creating your knife will be done with the utmost care and will be free of defects.
- Forever Warranty
- We warranty each and every Buck knife to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the life of the knife, and we will repair or replace with a new knife, at our option, any Buck knife that is defective. Buck Knives does not warrant its products against normal wear, misuse, or product modifications. Buck Knives are not intended to be used as hammers, chisels, pry bars, or screwdrivers.
- Includes imported, heavy duty, black nylon knife sheath
|Knife Type||Fixed||Blade Type||Drop Point|
|Blade Length (cm)||10.8||Blade Thickness (in)||0.14|
|Blade Material||420HC Stainless Steel||Blade Finish||Satin|
|Handle||Texturized Rubber||Carry System||Heavy Duty Black Nylon Sheath|
|Overall Length (in; cm)||8.5; 21.6||Weight (oz; g)||6.6; 187.9|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.