A limited edition rimfire rifle manufactured with the Canadian market in mind. The walnut stock is made from high quality walnut and painted red. The checkering on the grip surfaces incorporates a Canadian Maple leaf motif. The thin-walled, cold hammer forged threaded barrel is 24″ long and has no iron sights.
- The silent, positive safety allows natural and intuitive control in the shooting direction. This contributes to safe and comfortable handling of the firearm.
Separate bolt removal control
- The bolt can be extracted from the receiver without having to pull the trigger. The bolt can be conveniently and completely safely removed by a separate and easily accessible control, which allows easy disassembly of the firearm for cleaning.
Possibility to open and remove the bolt even with the safety engaged
- The bolt can be opened even with the safety engaged, so you can safely check the condition of the firearm or unload it without having to release the safety.
Firing mechanism indicator
- The indicator reliably detects a cocked firing mechanism and can be checked visually and by touch, for example in dim light or at night.
Adjustable trigger mechanism
- The adjustable trigger mechanism allows you to precisely tailor the firearm to your needs. The trigger pull is preset to 12 N at the factory, but it can be easily adjusted in the range of 8–15 N. The trigger travel is adjustable in the range of 0.5–5 mm.
Lighter striker with faster movement and smaller shocks during firing
- Compared to the previous model, the striker weight was reduced to 62 %. This prevents even the smallest vibration that could affect the shooting accuracy. The striker is also modified to be resistant to dry training.
The new type of bedding for constant tightening of the system with screws in the stock
- The bedding significantly contributes to long-term accuracy and stability of the attachment of the mechanism in the stock. It largely eliminates the effect of wood expansion under different temperature conditions on sighting-in and accuracy of the firearm. It will therefore stay sighted-in for longer and allow you to shoot very accurately.
60° rotation of the bolt handle
- Bolt rotation movement shortened to 60° allows the shooter to conveniently, smoothly and quickly reload the weapon whenever the situation requires it, especially in combination with optical sights mounted.
New ergonomic stocks
- The CZ 457 rimfire rifle series offers a wide range of stock options, shapes and materials with a strong emphasis on ergonomics, comfort and convenience of the shooter. Choose the one that fits in your hand best.
Easy barrel replacement allowing calibre change
- The improved modular system of CZ 457 allows the use of barrels of various calibres of the previous CZ 455 series as well as barrel replacement with the use of available mini-sets. You can completely customize the weapon to your needs.
- The most demanding, precise and expensive method of cold forging the barrel bore directs the flow of fibers, which positively affects the barrel’s accuracy and service life.
Parameters and Technical Data:
|Barrel length (in)||24|
|Caliber (Twist)||22 WMR (1:16)|
|Supply type||Detachable Magazines|
|Barrel||Cold hammer forged|
A new paragon of a modern rimfire rifle
For over 70 years, our company has been the world leader in the development and manufacture of long guns using rimfire cartridges. Each and every one of our model series was the best on the market at the time, however, none brought such an enormous leap in the improvements of all the key user parameters as the CZ 457 family has.
It was no easy feat, as we had to outdo ourselves as the global number one. But thanks to the all-round radical modernization our company has undergone over the last decade, we have accomplished our mission and created a new series of superb modern rimfire rifles for all groups of customers.
The CZ 457 series thus offers exceptional user comfort due to the easy, fast and reliable operation even with the riflescope attached. To ensure maximum safety, there is a positive safety on the right side of the receiver, a striker status indicator and a separate bolt extractor control. The accuracy has considerably improved with the use of a new adjustable trigger mechanism with a low trigger pull weight and excellent travel, a noticeably lighter striker and a new type of bedding. A literally revolutionary innovation is the extremely durable anti-corrosion surface finish of the metal parts that currently has no equal rival on the market.
The CZ 457 series has retained all the important benefits of the previous CZ rimfire rifle generation: the modular system allowing an easy replacement of barrels and change of calibres as well as the extremely reliable polymer magazines.