A highly precise model with a special stock made from premium walnut. The thick-walled, cold hammer forged match-grade barrel in 22 LR caliber is equipped with a MATCH chamber. Thanks to this feature, and all other improvements in the new CZ 457 series, this model guarantees 15 mm groups at a distance of 50 m.
- Push-To-Fire Safety
- The silent, push-to-fire safety allows natural and intuitive control of the firearm with a design that engages when pulled back to the shooter and released when pushed away from the shooter, thereby contributing to safe and comfortable handling.
- Seperate Bolt Removal Control
- The bolt can be extracted from the receiver without the need to pull the trigger. A separate and easily accessible control allows for the convenient and complete removal of the bolt for cleaning.
- Open and Remove Bolt Even with Safety Engaged
- The bolt can be opened and removed even with the safety engaged, so you can safely check the condition of the firearm or unload it without having to release the safety.
- Striker Status Indicator
- The indicator features reliable detection of a cocked firing mechanism and can be checked both visually and by touch, which is advantageous when shooting in dim light or at night.
- Adjustable Trigger Mechanism
- The adjustable trigger mechanism allows you to precisely tailor the firearm to your needs. Trigger pull is preset to 12 N at the factory, but it can be easily adjusted from 8–15 N. Trigger travel can also be adjusted from 0.5–5 mm.
- Lighter Striker for Increased Speed and Reduced Vibration During Firing
- Striker weight has been reduced by 38% compared to the previous model, thereby preventing even the smallest vibration that could affect shooting accuracy. The striker is also modified for resistance to dry training.
- New Type of Bedding for Constant Tightening of Screws in Stock
- The bedding significantly contributes to long-term shooting accuracy and stability of attachment of the mechanism in the stock. It largely eliminates the effects of wood expansion under fluctuating temperatures, therefore remaining correctly sighted-in for longer periods of time and allowing you to shoot extremely accurately
- 60° Rotation of Bolt Handle
- Bolt rotation has been shortened to 60°, which allows for convenient, smooth and quick reloading of the weapon, especially when optical sights are mounted.
- New Ergonomic Stocks
- The CZ 457 rimfire rifle series offers a wide range of stocks. The various options, shapes and materials have a strong emphasis on ergonomics, comfort and convenience of the shooter. You are sure to find one that fits you best.
- Easy Barrel Replacement for Quickly Changing Calibers
- The improved modular system of the CZ 457 allows for the use of barrels in various calibers from the previous CZ 455 series, as well as barrel replacement with the use of CZ mini-sets. You can completely customize the firearm to your needs.
- Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
- The most demanding, precise and expensive method of cold forging the barrel bore directs the flow of fibers, which positively affects the barrel’s accuracy and service life.
- MATCH Chamber
- Selected .22 LR caliber models, such as the CZ 457 MTR, have a MATCH chamber at the very edge of the CIP tolerance. Precision manufacturing and low tolerances provide an excellent accuracy of 1 MOA, depending on the ammunition used.
|Canada Legal Classification
|Receiver Integrated 11mm Dovetail
|Stock Integrated Vertical Pistol Grip Textured
|Pistol Grip Cap
|Adjustable Single Stage
|Min Trigger Pull (N)
|Max Trigger Pull (N)
|Factory Min. Trigger Pull (N)
|Trigger Group Mounted
|Manual Safety Position
|Upper Rear Receiver, Right Side
|Detachable Single Stack Single Feed Box Near Flush Metal
|CZ 457, 455, 452
|5; Single Shot Adapter, 10, 25 Round Sold Separately
|Width (in; cm)
|Height (in; cm)
|Weight (lbs; kg)
|Pre-installed Sling Swivel Buttstock, Forend
|Bolt Throw Angle (Degrees)
|CZ 457 Varmint
|Lower Receiver Material
|Lower Receiver Finish
|Upper Receiver Material
|Upper Receiver Finish
|Stock Interfacing Mechanism
|Direct to Receiver
|Stock Interfacing Mechanism Material
|(2) Trigger Guard Assembly Mounted Action Screws
|Stock Interfacing Mechanism Finish
|Barrel Interfacing Mechanism
|Direct to Receiver
|Barrel Securing Mechanism
|Pinned to Receiver w/ Threaded Screws
|Barrel Securing Mechanism Material
|Barrel Securing Mechanism Finish
|Recoil Lug Material
|Recoil Lug Finish
|Magwell Insert Fixed Ejector
|(2) Piece Bolt
|Bolt Head Type
|Modular w/ Threaded Spherical Smooth Knob
|Bolt Handle Material
|Operating Handle Finish
|Bolt Hold Open
|Upper Left Rear Receiver Mounted Lever
|Trigger Guard Type
|Trigger Guard Material
|Trigger Guard Finish
|Trigger Guard Engraving
|Magazine Release Type
|Magazine Release Position
|Centered, Ahead of Magazine, Near Flush
|Anti-Release Magazine Lock Mechanism
|Target Style Full Stock Direct to Receiver
|Turkish Circassian Walnut
|Adjustable Length of Pull
|Default Length of Pull (in; cm)
|Min Length of Pull (in; cm)
|Max Length of Pull (in; cm)
|Min Drop at Comb (in; cm)
|Max Drop at Comb (in; cm)
|Min Drop at Heel (in; cm)
|Max Drop at Heel (in; cm)
|Part of Stock, Wide
|Turkish Circassian Walnut
|Barrel Length (mm)
|CIP N Marked
|Round Heavy Varmint
|Cold Hammer Forged Steel
|1/2 x 20
CZ 457 Series: A New Generation of Modern Rimfire Rifles
The CZ 457 series offers exceptional user comfort due to its easy, fast and reliable operation, even with a mounted riflescope. For maximum safety, it comes with a push-to-fire safety on the right side of the receiver, striker status indicator and a separate bolt extractor control. Shooting accuracy is ensured with its adjustable trigger mechanism that features low trigger pull weight and excellent travel, combined with a noticeably lighter striker and a new type of bedding. Other benefits include an extremely durable anticorrosion finish on metal parts, easy change of caliber by users and reliable polymer magazines that are compatible with the previous generation of CZ rimfire rifles.
Note: This firearm has a match chamber. Firearms with match chambers have tighter tolerances, which can affect the reliability of the firearm when using ammo that has loose tolerances or is of a non-standard spec for that caliber. Use match grade ammunition to maximize the accuracy enhancing effect that result from the tighter tolerances from match chambers.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.