The Hornady® A-MAX® bullet design grew from a relentless application of everything we know about ballistics and flight characteristics. After all, match shooters demand perfection from their bullets every time they step on the range.
The aerodynamic secant ogive profile, the sharp pointed tip and the unequaled concentricity of the A-MAX® design give it an extremely high ballistic coefficient for near perfection in flight.
Ultra Low-Drag Tip
- The low-drag and uniform point raises the ballistic coefficient and precisely balances the center of pressure relative to the center of gravity in order to achieve optimal in-flight stability.
Secant Ogive Profile
- The geometric profile works to produce low drag and flatter trajectories.The secant ogive design also provides the optimum bearing surface for stability in flight and the best ballistic coefficient possible.
Swaged Lead Core
- The swaging process provides excellent uniformity and balance for consistent performance and accuracy.
- The jacket has virtually zero tolerance for concentricity and near zero wall thickness variation.
- The angle and length of the boattail is unique to each caliber and weight of Match™ and A-MAX® bullets to maximize ballistic coefficient and accuracy.
|Ballistic Coefficient (G1)||0.475|
|Twist Rate (in)||1 – 12|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.