Hornady® FTX® bullets revolutionized lever gun ballistics, creating a new level of performance for these popular firearms. Lever gun enthusiasts can now harness the accuracy, power and long-range performance of a tipped bullet that’s safe to load in tubular magazines.
Hornady® offers the same Flex Tip® technology for handguns that revolutionized lever guns. Typical hollow point pistol bullets deliver good performance at modest velocities, but have a tendency to expand too quickly and sacrifice penetration at the higher velocities achieved with lever action guns.
- Patented Flex Tip® Bullet Technology
- Upon impact, the soft tip compresses into the bullet, initiating immediate expansion across a wide range of velocities. Safe to shoot in tubular magazines as well as any other firearm.
- InterLock® Ring
- The one-piece, high antimony lead core of the FTX® is mechanically locked to the jacket with an InterLock ring. This, along with a specially designed jacket, results in reliable performance and maximum weight retention for deep penetration on large or heavy-bodied game animals.
- Ballistically Efficient Secant Ogive
- Pioneered by Hornady,® the secant ogive profile delivers stability, flat trajectories and amazing accuracy.
- Specially Engineered Jacket
- The heavy jacket over the shank of the bullet combined with our proven InterLock® design controls expansion and enhances accuracy.
|Bullet Type||Flex Tip eXpanding|
|Ballistic Coefficient (G1)||0.230|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.