The name says it all! The 6.5 Precision Rifle Cartridge was designed to achieve the highest levels of accuracy, flat trajectory and extended range performance in a sensibly designed compact package.
Utilizing moderate powder charges that result in repeatable accuracy, low recoil and reasonable barrel life, the 6.5 PRC produces high velocities for target shooting with performance well beyond 1000 yards.
Rifle makers currently chambering the 6.5 PRC include: Axial Precision Rifles, Browning, Bergara, Ruger, Cadex Defence, Christensen Arms, FIERCE Firearms, GA Precision, Gunwerks, Hill Country Rifles, Horizon Firearms, Howa, Krieger Barrels, Mauser, McRee Precision, Montana Rifles, Mossberg, Patriot Valley Arms, PROOF Research, Ruger, Sako, Sauer, Savage Firearms, Sauer, Stuteville Precision, Seekins Precision and Trident Armory. Check back often as additional gun manufacturers confirm chambering the 6.5 PRC.
- Efficient Design
- Dubbed the big brother to the 6.5 Creedmoor, the 6.5 PRC fits in short or medium actions with a standard magnum bolt face (.532”). It’s efficient case geometry features a long cartridge case neck and 30 degree cartridge case shoulder.
- The Perfect Tip!
- The Heat Shield™ tip on the ELD® Match bullet creates the perfect meplat and outperforms BTHP bullets.
- Hornady® Match™ Bullets
- Hornady® Match™ rifle ammunition is loaded with the most accurate, consistent match bullets in the world, featuring our AMP® bullet jackets.
- Specially Selected Cases
- Cases are carefully selected based on strict criteria: wall thickness uniformity, internal capacity, case weight and consistent wall concentricity.
- Carefully Matched Powder
- Powder is matched carefully to each specific load for optimal pressure, velocity and consistent accuracy.
- Stringent Quality Control
- With extremely tight tolerances and strict quality control, all Hornady® Match™ ammunition features superior lot-to-lot consistency. From the bullet seating to the optimal charges and velocities, Hornady® Match™ ammunition is designed to live up to company founder, J.W. Hornady’s original goal: “Ten bullets through one hole.”
|Bullet Type||(Polymer Tipped) Extremely Low Drag – Match|
|Bullet Weight (g)||9.5|
|Cartridge Headstamp||HORNADY 6.5 PRC|
|Ballistic Coefficient (G1)||0.697|
|Ballistic Coefficient (G7)||0.351|
|Test Barrel Length||24|
Velocity and Energy:
Velocity and Energy:
|GEE Based Drop (cm)||-5.0||1.1||4.0||3.4||-0.8||-8.9||-21.0|
|Distributor Item Number||200-81620|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.