The name says it all! The 6.5 Precision Rifle Cartridge was designed to achieve the highest levels of accuracy, flat trajectory and extended range performance in a sensibly designed compact package.
Utilizing moderate powder charges that result in repeatable accuracy, low recoil and reasonable barrel life, the 6.5 PRC produces high velocities with performance well beyond 1000 yards.
Featuring the radically superior ELD-X® bullet with Heat Shield® tip, Precision Hunter™ is the ideal load for ANY hunting situation because of its effective terminal performance at ALL practical ranges.
Featuring ELD-X® Bullets with Heat Shield® tip
- Efficient Design
- Dubbed the big brother to the 6.5 Creedmoor, the 6.5 PRC fits in short or medium actions with a standard magnum bolt face (.532”). It’s efficient case geometry features a long cartridge case neck and 30 degree cartridge case shoulder.
- Best-in-Class BCs
- Verified by Doppler radar, the Heat Shield® tip defies the effects of aerodynamic heating and retains its shape to maintain the highest-in-class BC over its entire trajectory.
- Match Accurate Hunting Bullet
- Streamlined secant ogive with optimum boattail design + highly concentric AMP® bullet jackets + Heat Shield® tip combine for radically superior aerodynamic efficiency.
- Devastating Conventional Range Performance
- With high velocity, 0-400 yard impact, the bullet continually expands throughout its penetration path. The thick shank of the jacket and high InterLock® ring keep the core and jacket together providing 50-60% weight retention.
- Best Extended Range Terminal Performance Available
- Upon low velocity, 400+ yard impacts, the Heat Shield® tip drives backward into the bullet to initiate expansion. Exhibiting controlled expansion with a large mushroom and 85-90% retained weight, the bullet provides deep penetration and large cavities. Available as component bullets or in factory loaded Precision Hunter™ ammunition.
|Bullet Type||(Polymer Tip) Extremely Low Drag – eXpanding|
|Bullet Weight (g)||9.3|
|Cartridge Headstamp||HORNADY 6.5 PRC|
|Test Barrel Length (in)||24|
|Ballistic Coefficient (G1)||0.625|
|Ballistic Coefficient (G7)||0.315|
Velocity and Energy:
Velocity and Energy:
|GEE Based Drop (cm)||-5.0||1.1||4.0||3.5||-0.5||-8.4||-20.3|
Accuracy and terminal performance are the cornerstones of Hornady® Precision Hunter® factory loaded ammunition. Great care has been given by Hornady engineers to develop superior, match-accurate hunting loads that allow the ELD-X® bullet to achieve its maximum ballistic potential.
Propellants used in the Precision Hunter® ammunition line are clean burning and loaded to uniform capacity for consistent shot to shot results regardless of temperature. This attention to detail provides the highest levels of accuracy and performance uniformity for the most demanding and diverse hunting situations.
|Distributor Item Number||200-81621|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.