The Hornady® SST® (Super Shock Tip) is designed to deliver tremendous shock on impact while expanding quickly and reliably, particularly at higher velocities.
Flat shooting and deadly accurate, it’s an ideal bullet for whitetails, as well as most North American game animals from antelope to moose and similar-sized African plains game. The SST® creates a devastatingly large wound channel.
- Polymer Tip
- The secret to the explosive terminal performance of the V-Max® is a hollow cavity resting between the tip’s shaft and the body of the bullet. Upon impact, the hard shaft builds up speed and energy before driving into the core, causing the entire package to rapidly expand to the point of violent fragmentation, even at low terminal velocities.
- Secant Ogive, Boattail Profile
- Incorporating the pioneering Hornady secant ogive design, the tapered point, increased bearing surface and more aerodynamic profile, combined with a boattail base, makes the SST® more efficient with less drag and greater stability.
- A mid-body cannelure helps keep the core and jacket together while providing a consistent, accurate crimp during the loading process.
- InterLock® Ring
- This Hornady exclusive design mechanically locks the core and jacket together to maintain bullet integrity during expansion, ensuring maximum weight retention and increasing the chances of complete pass-throughs.
|Bullet Type||Super Shock Tip|
|Ballistic Coefficient (G1)||0.295|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.