We have a long history of manufacturing rugged and reliable riflescopes that outperform and outlast everything else on the battlefield and in competition. We used that heritage to create an extremely versatile line of tactical scopes for the shooter looking to upgrade every long gun in their safe. The Mark 3HD™ 4-12x40mm model is ideal for mid to long-range shots, making it the perfect scope for nearly any rifle in your safe.
Complete with MIL-based adjustments and reticles, HD performance, an exposed elevation adjustment dial, and a low-profile power selector with integrated throw lever, the Mark 3HD series is perfect for anyone who needs a rugged, precise, and repeatable scope. Built around Leupold’s Elite Optical System, it offers the light transmission, glare reduction, and resolution that diehard hunters and shooters demand for all-day performance.
And like every Leupold® riflescope, the Mark 3HD was designed, machined, and assembled in our Oregon factory. We test it to ensure it’s absolutely rugged, 100% waterproof and fogproof, and then we guarantee it for a lifetime of performance.
3:1 Zoom Ratio
- A 3:1 zoom ratio is very common in many scope models. It gives you 3 times more magnification at high power than at low power (model magnification ranges are available in powers of 3x: 1.5-5, 2.5-8, 3-9, 3.5-10, etc.), so you can dial your power down for close encounters or all of the way up for long-range shots.
- High-definition, calcium-fluoride lenses ensure incredible clarity at all magnification levels.
- The ZeroStop system creates a backstop when returning the dial back to zero, so you don’t accidently turn the dial a full revolution in the wrong direction.
- The side focus adjusts the scope’s parallax, making the reticle clearer and have less perceived movement when you’re shooting at different distances.
Custom Dial Compatible
- Leupold’s Custom Dial System® (CDS®) gives you the ability to customize your turret (adjustment dial) to your exact ballistics and environmental conditions. Once your new custom dial is installed, simply range the target, turn the dial to that number, and aim dead on.
Waterproof, Fogproof, & Shockproof
- Leupold pioneered modern waterproof and fogproof technology using advanced internal gasses and sealing methods that withstand extreme temperatures, elevation changes, and shocks, so the internals of the optics stay moisture free and crystal clear for life.
- Expands on existing MIL Dot reticle design
- Uses hash marks instead of dots for increased ranging and holdover precision
- Provides aiming points for both wind and bullet drop compensation
- 1 MIL is approximately 3.6 inches at 100 yards
- Hash marks are spaced 0.5 MIL apart, transitioning to 0.2 MIL spacing on the outer edges
- Not caliber specific
- Intended to be used on highest magnification in rear (second) focal plane scope
- MIL based systems are the current military standard
|Reticle Focal Plane||Second Focal Plane||Light Management System||Elite Optical System|
|Illuminated||No||Daylight Bright Illumination||Yes|
|Nightvision Compatible Illumination||No||Motion Sensor Technology (MST)||No|
|Electronic Reticle Level||No||Guard-ion Lens Coating||No|
|Linear FOV Low Mag (ft@100yds)||21.5||Linear FOV High Mag (ft@100yds)||10.1|
|Eye Relief Low Mag (in)||4.9||Eye Relief High Mag (in)||3.7|
|Side Focus||Yes||Adjustable Objective||No|
|Custom Dial Compatible||Yes||BDC Dial Included||No|
|Locking Dial||No||Zero Lock Dial||No|
|Rezero Type||Set Screw||Revolution Indicator||No|
|Elevation Adjustment Type||P5||Elevation Adjustment Value per Click (MIL)||0.1|
|Elevation Adjustment Per Revolution (MIL)||6||Elevation Dial Travel Limit (MIL)||5.6|
|Windage Adjustment Type||Finger Click||Windage Adjustment Value per Click (MIL)||0.1|
|Windage Adjustment Per Revolution (MIL)||5||Weight (oz)||19.5|
Dimensions (refer to diagram):
|Total Length (in) – A||14.6||Total Mounting Space (in) – B||5.4|
|Front Mounting Space (in) – C||2.5||Rear Mounting Space (in) – D||1.8|
|Eyepiece Length (in) – E||3.7||Objective Length (in) – F||53.4|
|Objective Diameter (in) – G||1.8||Eyepiece Diameter (in) – H||1.63|
|Maintube Diameter (mm or in) – K||30 mm|
Built for any shooter who needs a rugged, precise, and repeatable MIL-based scope for their rifle, the Mark 3HD™ delivers elite optical performance and match-grade repeatability under any conditions.
- Anyone can offer you a lifetime warranty, but guaranteeing performance takes serious dedication and craftsmanship. From our Beaverton Oregon factory to the wilderness, the battlefield, and everywhere in between, we won’t let you down.
Elite Optical System
- Leupold’s Elite Optical System offers excellent dawn-to-dusk light transmission for a bright image when it matters most, elite-level glare reduction in harsh light, and the resolution and clarity that diehard hunters and shooters demand.
- Experience the difference with Leupold’s High-Definition lenses, which provide unparalleled clarity, color, and image quality all the way to the edge of your field of view.
Lightweight, Rugged Performance
- Leupold’s lightweight design disperses recoil energy for unrivaled performance with ultra-lightweight construction.
Removable Throw Lever
- The removable, low-profile throw lever makes changing magnifications quick and easy. It includes a thread protector plug to use when the lever is removed.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.