The VX®-3HD 2.5-8x36mm delivers legendary performance and extreme clarity in an incredibly tough, lightweight package. It’s the perfect workhorse for timber hunting and mid-range shots.
The VX-3HD delivers outstanding performance in low light. With Leupold’s Elite Optical System, the VX-3HD delivers excellent dawn-to-dusk light transmission for a bright image when it matters most, elite-level glare reduction in harsh light, and the resolution and clarity that diehard hunters and shooters demand. We also gave it match-grade repeatability and ergonomic controls that are easy to read and use, even with gloves. The VX-3HD is the best lightweight, low-light hunting scope in its class. And with its low-profile, one-revolution CDS® ZeroLock® dial, you can be confident your dial will only move when you want it to. Push the button to unlock it, dial, and then rotate it back to zero to lock it in place. It’s that simple.
Everything we put into your VX-3HD is there to help you tag out. Like all Leupold riflescopes, it’s designed, machined, and assembled in the USA and guaranteed for life.
3:1 Zoom Ratio
- A 3:1 zoom ratio is very common in many scope models. It gives you 3 times more magnification at high power than at low power (model magnification ranges are available in powers of 3x: 1.5-5, 2.5-8, 3-9, 3.5-10, etc.), so you can dial your power down for close encounters or all of the way up for long-range shots.
Custom Dial Compatible
- Leupold’s Custom Dial System® (CDS®) gives you the ability to customize your turret (adjustment dial) to your exact ballistics and environmental conditions. Once your new custom dial is installed, simply range the target, turn the dial to that number, and aim dead on.
Zero Lock Dial
- The ZeroLock® system eliminates accidental dial movement by locking it in place.
Lightweight Aluminum Housing
- Aluminum offers excellent durability and ruggedness without adding unnecessary weight.
- A traditional eyepiece lock ring allows you to lock in a focus setting that is best for your eye.
Waterproof, Fogproof, & Shockproof
- Leupold pioneered modern waterproof and fogproof technology using advanced internal gasses and sealing methods that withstand extreme temperatures, elevation changes, and shocks, so the internals of the optics stay moisture free and crystal clear for life.
- Invented in 1962 by Leupold
- Defined by heavy posts
- Stands out against cover in low light
- Quick target acquisition with thin lines at the center
- Most popular reticle in the world
- Rear (second) focal plane
|Reticle Type||Second Focal Plane||Reticle||Duplex|
|Illuminated||No||Light Management System||Elite Optical System|
|Daylight Bright Illumination||No||Guard-ion Lens Coating||No|
|Eye Relief Low Mag (in)||4.4||Eye Relief High Mag (in)||3.6|
|Adjustable Objective||No||Side Focus||No|
|Fixed Parallax-Free Distance (yd)||150|
|Magnification Type||Variable||Magnification Min||2.5|
|Magnification Max||8||Objective Lens Diameter (mm)||36|
|Linear FOV Low Mag (ft@100yds)||37.5||Angular FOV Low Mag (Degrees)||7.2|
|Linear FOV High Mag (ft@100yds)||13.7||Angular FOV High Mag (Degrees)||2.6|
|Elevation Adjustment Type||CDS-ZL||Elevation Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (MOA)||70||Elevation Adjustment Range (MIL)||20.4|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (cm @ 100m)||203.6||Elevation Adjustment Per Revolution (MOA)||15|
|Elevation Dial Travel Limit (MOA)||14.5||Windage Adjustment Type||Finger Click|
|Windage Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4||Windage Adjustment Range (MOA)||70|
|Windage Adjustment Range (MIL)||20.4||Windage Adjustment Range (cm @ 100m)||203.6|
|Windage Adjustment Per Revolution (MOA)||15|
|Custom Dial System (CDS)||Yes||Custom Dial Compatible||Yes|
|BDC Dial Included||No||Rezero Type||Set Screw|
|Locking Dial||Yes||Revolution Indicator||No|
|Nightvision Compatible Illumination||No||Motion Sensor Technology (MST)||No|
|Electronic Reticle Level||No|
Physical (refer to image):
|Total Length (in) – A||11.42||Total Mounting Space (in) – B||5.23|
|Front Mounting Space (in) – C||1.57||Rear Mounting Space (in) – D||2.49|
|Eyepiece Length (in) – E||3.08||Objective Length (in) – F||3.05|
|Objective Diameter (in) – G||1.65||Eyepiece Diameter (in) – H||1.6|
|Maintube Diameter (mm or in) – K||1 inch|
The VX®-3HD delivers legendary performance and HD clarity in an incredibly tough yet lightweight package. And with its one-revolution CDS® ZeroLock® dial, you have a customizable ballistics solution at your fingertips. Simply range your target, turn the dial to that number, and aim dead on.
Leupold’s Lifetime Guarantee
- Anyone can offer you a lifetime warranty, but guaranteeing performance takes serious dedication and craftsmanship. From our Beaverton Oregon factory to the wilderness, the battlefield, and everywhere in between, we won’t let you down.
Elite Optical System
- Leupold’s Elite Optical System offers excellent dawn-to-dusk light transmission for a bright image when it matters most, elite-level glare reduction in harsh light, and the resolution and clarity that diehard hunters and shooters demand.
- Experience the difference with Leupold’s High-Definition lenses, which provide unparalleled clarity, color, and image quality all the way to the edge of your field of view
CDS-ZL Elevation Dial
- The low-profile, one revolution CDS-ZL dial eliminates the need for holdovers on longer shots and provides precise adjustments with the security of ZeroLock® so your dial only moves when you want it to.
Scratch Resistant Lenses
- Hardened surface coatings are added to meet extreme military standards in scratch resistance and added lens protection.
Lightweight, Rugged Performance
- Leupold’s lightweight design disperses recoil energy for unrivaled performance with ultra-lightweight construction.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.