The VX®-Freedom® 3-9x40mm delivers legendary Leupold® performance and dependability for hunters and shooters in one of the most popular magnification ranges available. This rugged and lightweight riflescope can get the job done on whatever rifle you have in your safe.
Built around Leupold’s Advanced Optical System, the VX-Freedom delivers tried and true light transmission, best in class glare reduction in harsh light, and the resolution and clarity that recreational sportsmen and sportswomen demand.
The VX-Freedom is 100% waterproof, fogproof, and designed to get the job done every time. And like all Leupold riflescopes, it’s designed, machined, and assembled in the USA and guaranteed for life.
3:1 Zoom Ratio
- A 3:1 zoom ratio is very common in many scope models. It gives you 3 times more magnification at high power than at low power (model magnification ranges are available in powers of 3x: 1.5-5, 2.5-8, 3-9, 3.5-10, etc.), so you can dial your power down for close encounters or all of the way up for long-range shots.
Advanced Optical System
- Leupold’s Advanced Optical System offers tried and true light transmission for extended glassing sessions, best in class glare reduction in harsh light, and the resolution and clarity that recreational sportsmen and sportswomen demand.
Waterproof, Fogproof, & Shockproof
- Leupold pioneered modern waterproof and fogproof technology using advanced internal gasses and sealing methods that withstand extreme temperatures, elevation changes, and shocks, so the internals of the optics stay moisture free and crystal clear for life.
- Bold, tapered pickets with open center
- Easy to find aiming point in low-light conditions
- Fine line center for precision aiming at long distances or small targets
- Top line tapers downward slightly with no picket, keeping the field of view clear and supporting precision aiming and low-light visibility
|Reticle Focal Plane||Second Focal Plane||Illuminated||No|
|Daylight Bright Illumination||No||Nightvision Compatible Illumination||No|
|Motion Sensor Technology (MST)||No||Electronic Reticle Level||No|
|Guard-ion Lens Coating||No||Linear FOV Low Mag (ft@100yds)||33.1|
|Linear FOV High Mag (ft@100yds)||13.6||Angular FOV Low Mag (Degrees)||6.3|
|Angular FOV High Mag (Degrees)||2.6||Eye Relief Low Mag (in)||4.2|
|Eye Relief High Mag (in)||3.6||Side Focus||No|
|Adjustable Objective||No||Fixed Parallax-Free Distance (yd)||150|
|Custom Dial System (CDS)||No||Custom Dial Compatible||No|
|BDC Dial Included||No||Zero Stop||No|
|Locking Dial||No||Zero Lock Dial||No|
|Rezero Type||Resettable Index Ring||Revolution Indicator||No|
|Elevation Adjustment Type||Finger Click||Elevation Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (MOA)||60||Elevation Adjustment Range (MIL)||17|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (cm @ 100m)||175||Elevation Adjustment Per Revolution||15 MOA|
|Elevation Dial Travel Limit||Total Scope Travel||Windage Adjustment Type||Finger Click|
|Windage Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4||Windage Adjustment Range (MOA)||60|
|Windage Adjustment Range (MIL)||17||Windage Adjustment Range (cm @ 100m)||175|
|Windage Adjustment Per Revolution||15 MOA||Weight (oz)||12.2|
Dimensions (refer to diagram):
|Total Length (in) – A||12.49||Total Mounting Space (in) – B||5.39|
|Front Mounting Space (in) – C||2.32||Rear Mounting Space (in) – D||1.85|
|Eyepiece Length (in) – E||3.5||Objective Length (in) – F||3.6|
|Objective Diameter (in) – G||1.83||Eyepiece Diameter (in) – H||1.56|
|Maintube Diameter (mm or in) – K||1 Inch|
The Leupold® VX®-Freedom® riflescope delivers reliable, accurate, and extremely clear performance in a package that outperforms its price season after season. Decades of American manufacturing combined with our unbeatable optical engineering are rolled into a riflescope that is guaranteed to get the job done every time.
Leupold’s Lifetime Guarantee
- Anyone can offer you a lifetime warranty, but guaranteeing performance takes serious dedication and craftsmanship. From our Beaverton Oregon factory to the wilderness, the battlefield, and everywhere in between, we won’t let you down.
Scratch Resistant Lenses
- Hardened surface coatings are added to meet extreme military standards in scratch resistance and added lens protection.
1/4 MOA Finger Click Adjustments
- 1/4 MOA Finger Click windage and elevation dials are designed to give you easy grip at the range or in the field. The standard 1/4 MOA of adjustment per click will make you feel right at home when sighting in.
- High-quality, domestic, aerospace-grade aluminum is used to provide maximum strength and durability without adding unnecessary weight.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.