Completely at home on the side of a mountain chasing monster goats or ringing steel at the range, the extremely versatile 2-10x magnification gives you a super-wide field of view, while also allowing for clear, long-range shots. Plus, with our proprietary Firedot® illumination you get a bright, intuitive aiming point that won’t get lost in low-light conditions.
The VX-5HD 2-10x42mm defines relentless versatility. Its wide magnification ranges give hunters and shooters the ability to adapt to any environment. Built around Leupold’s Professional-Grade Optical System, it offers unmatched light transmission that’s designed to outperform in the most challenging lighting conditions. Its industry leading glare reduction provides a clear image in harsh, direct light, while the resolution and clarity will meet the demands of any professional guide or shooter in the field. And when it’s time to pull the trigger, you’ll want the accuracy and additional elevation the two-turn CDS® ZeroLock® 2 dials deliver.
As the lightest, most rugged 5:1 riflescope in its class, your VX-5HD will never slow you down. It’s 100% waterproof and fogproof. And like all Leupold® riflescopes, it’s designed, machined, and assembled in the USA and guaranteed for life.
- 5:1 Zoom Ratio
- A versatile 5:1 zoom ratio gives you 5 times more magnification at high power than at low power (model magnification ranges may be available in powers of 5x: 1-5, 2-10, 3-15, 4-20, etc.), so you can adjust your magnification to find the perfect balance between magnification and field of view for any situation. The larger the zoom ratio, the more versatile one scope can be.
- Professional-Grade Optical System
- Leupold’s Professional-Grade Optical System offers unmatched light transmission that’s designed to outperform in the most challenging lighting conditions, industry-leading glare reduction for a clear image in harsh, direct light, and the resolution and clarity that professional guides and shooters demand in the field.
- High Definition
- High-definition, calcium-fluoride lenses ensure incredible clarity at all magnification levels.
- Guard-ion is a hydrophobic lens coating that sheds dirt and water for a maintenance-free, clear, crisp image
- CDS-ZL2 Elevation Dial
- The CDS-ZL2 (ZeroLock 2) provides two revolutions of elevation adjustment while eliminating accidental dial movement with the push-button ZeroLock system. It also features Leupold’s award-winning Custom Dial System® (CDS®), which allows shooters to order a laser-marked bullet-drop dial to match their exact ballistics and conditions.
- This scopes comes with an illuminated reticle, which can help you get on target faster in low-light situations.
- Motion Sensor Technology (MST)
- Motion Sensor Technology (MST™) extends battery life by automatically deactivating illuminated reticles after five minutes of inactivity and then reactivates instantly as soon as movement is detected.
- Waterproof, Fogproof, & Shockproof
- Leupold pioneered modern waterproof and fogproof technology using advanced internal gasses and sealing methods that withstand extreme temperatures, elevation changes, and shocks, so the internals of the optics stay moisture free and crystal clear for life.
- Firedot® Duplex® Illuminated Reticle
- Brings new technology to a classic design
- Fiber-optic powered red dot
- Multiple brightness settings for changing conditions
- FireDot® Technology brings your eye to the center of the reticle for quick target acquisition
- Broad range of shooting applications
- Rear (second) focal plane
|Reticle Type||Second Focal Plane||Reticle||FireDot Duplex|
|Illuminated||Daylight Bright||Illumination Settings||8|
|Light Management System||Professional-Grade Optical System||Glass Type||HD Calcium Fluoride|
|Lens Coating||Standard, Guard-ion||Eye Relief Low Mag (in)||3.7|
|Eye Relief High Mag (in)||3.8||Twilight Factor Low Mag||~9.2|
|Twilight Factor High Mag||~20.5||Diopter Type||Fast Focus|
|Parallax Adjustment||No||Min Parallax Free Distance (yd)||150|
|Min Magnification||2x||Max Magnification||10x|
|Objective Lens Diameter (mm)||42||Low Mag Field of View (ft @ 100 yds; Degrees)||56.5; 10.8|
|High Mag Field of View (ft @ 100 yds; Degrees)||11.5; 2.2||Elevation Turret Style||Exposed CDS-ZL2|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (MOA; MIL; cm @ 100 yds)||70; 20; 204||Elevation Dial Travel Limit (MOA)||38|
|Elevation Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4||Elevation Clicks per Rotation||80|
|Windage Turret Style||Capped||Windage Adjustment Range (MOA; MIL; cm @ 100 yds)||70; 20; 204|
|Windage Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4||Windage Clicks per Rotation||60|
|Locking Dial||CDS-ZL2||Zero Stop||Yes|
|Indexable Turret||CDS-ZL2||Indexing Type||Removable Dials, Set Screw|
|External Rotation Indicator||Yes||Illumination Control||Tacticle Button|
|Locking Illumination||No||Auto-Shutoff (hrs)||0.083|
|Throw Lever||No||Nightvision Compatible Illumination||No|
|Motion Sensor Capabilities||MST||Electronic Reticle Leveler||No|
Physical (Refer to Image):
|Form Factor||Riflescope||Attachment Interface||(2) 30mm Rings (Sold Seperately)|
|Mount Height||N/A||Finish||Matte Black|
|Battery Life (hrs; Low, Med, High)||1600, 1000, 300||Weight (oz)||18.9|
|Overall Length – A (in)||12.6||Front Mounting Length – C (in)||1.7|
|Rear Mounting Length – D (in)||2.6||Total Mount Length – B (in)||5.6|
|Objective Housing Length – F (in)||3.6||Objective Housing Width – G (in)||2|
|Objective Housing Height – G (in)||2||Eyepiece Housing Length – E (in)||3.3|
|Eyepiece Housing Width – H (in)||1.8||Eyepiece Housing Height – H (in)||1.8|
|Magnification Ring Outside Diameter (in; cm)||~1.7; 4.2||Turret Saddle Depth (in; cm)||~0.1; 0.3|
The VX®-5HD riflescope has everything you need and nothing you don’t. With high-definition lenses, extended low-light hunting performance, and our Lifetime Guarantee, this is the only scope you’ll ever need.
Leupold’s Lifetime Guarantee
- Anyone can offer you a lifetime warranty, but guaranteeing performance takes serious dedication and craftsmanship. From our Beaverton Oregon factory to the wilderness, the battlefield, and everywhere in between, we won’t let you down.
Lightweight, Rugged Perfomance
- Leupold’s lightweight design disperses recoil energy for unrivaled performance with ultra-lightweight construction.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.