The VX®-5HD 3-15x44mm is made for anything and everything. Its 3-15x magnification range lets you take full advantage of any situation. Turn the power down to 3x for thick timber hunting, crank it up to 15x for your trek across the open plains, or go anywhere in-between. This scope has the versatility to dominate them all.
The VX-5HD defines relentless versatility. Its wide magnification ranges give hunters and shooters the ability to adapt to any environment. Built around Leupold’s Professional-Grade Optical System, it offers unmatched light transmission that’s designed to outperform in the most challenging lighting conditions. Its industry leading glare reduction provides a clear image in harsh, direct light, while the resolution and clarity will meet the demands of any professional guide or shooter in the field. And when it’s time to pull the trigger, you’ll want the accuracy and additional elevation that the CDS® ZeroLock® 2 dial delivers.
As the lightest, most rugged 5:1 riflescope in its class, your VX-5HD will never slow you down. And like all Leupold® riflescopes, it’s designed, machined, and assembled in the USA and guaranteed for life.
- 5:1 Zoom Ratio
- A versatile 5:1 zoom ratio gives you 5 times more magnification at high power than at low power (model magnification ranges may be available in powers of 5x: 1-5, 2-10, 3-15, 4-20, etc.), so you can adjust your magnification to find the perfect balance between magnification and field of view for any situation. The larger the zoom ratio, the more versatile one scope can be.
- High Definition
- High-definition, calcium-fluoride lenses ensure incredible clarity at all magnification levels.
- Guard-ion is a hydrophobic lens coating that sheds dirt and water for a maintenance-free, clear, crisp image.
- Side Focus
- The side focus adjusts the scope’s parallax, making the reticle clearer and have less perceived movement when you’re shooting at different distances.
- CDS-ZL2 Elevation Dial
- The CDS-ZL2 (ZeroLock 2) provides two revolutions of elevation adjustment while eliminating accidental dial movement with the push-button ZeroLock system. It also features Leupold’s award-winning Custom Dial System® (CDS®), which allows shooters to order a laser-marked bullet-drop dial to match their exact ballistics and conditions.
- Second Focal Plane
- In Second Focal Plane (rear focal plane) scopes, the reticle stays the same size while the target grows and shrinks when you adjust the magnification. These reticles are ideal for lowlight hunting situations and in scopes that don’t utilize hash marks for range estimation.
- Waterproof, Fogproof, & Shockproof
- Leupold pioneered modern waterproof and fogproof technology using advanced internal gasses and sealing methods that withstand extreme temperatures, elevation changes, and shocks, so the internals of the optics stay moisture free and crystal clear for life.
- Boone & Crockett® Reticle
- Expands on the Duplex® reticle
- Aides in compensating for crosswinds
- 1 MOA is approximately 1 inch at 100 yards
- Hash marks are in 1 MOA increments
- Marks extend to 10 MOA on each side
- Can be used with any caliber round
- Best utilized with our CDS® (Custom Dial System®)
- Rear (second) focal plane
|Reticle Type||Second Focal Plane||Reticle||FireDot Duplex|
|Light Management System||Professional-Grade Optical System||Glass Type||HD Calcium Fluoride|
|Lens Coating||Standard, Guard-ion||Eye Relief Low Mag (in)||3.7|
|Eye Relief High Mag (in)||3.8||Twilight Factor Low Mag||~11.5|
|Twilight Factor High Mag||~25.7||Diopter Type||Fast Focus|
|Parallax Adjustment||Side Focus||Min Parallax Free Distance (yd)||50|
|Min Magnification||3x||Max Magnification||15x|
|Objective Lens Diameter (mm)||44||Low Mag Field of View (ft @ 100 yds; Degrees)||38.3; 7.3|
|High Mag Field of View (ft @ 100 yds; Degrees)||7.7; 1.5||Elevation Turret Style||Exposed CDS-ZL2|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (MOA; MIL; cm @ 100 yds)||75; 22; 218||Elevation Dial Travel Limit (MOA)||38|
|Elevation Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4||Elevation Clicks per Rotation||80|
|Windage Turret Style||Capped||Windage Adjustment Range (MOA; MIL; cm @ 100 yds)||75; 22; 218|
|Windage Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4||Windage Clicks per Rotation||60|
|Locking Dial||CDS-ZL2||Zero Stop||Yes|
|Indexable Turret||CDS-ZL2||Indexing Type||Removable Dials, Set Screw|
|External Rotation Indicator||Yes||Illumination Control||Tactile Button|
|Locking Illumination||N/A||Auto-Shutoff (hrs)||N/A|
|Throw Lever||No||Nightvision Compatible Illumination||N/A|
|Motion Sensor Capabilities||N/A||Electronic Reticle Leveler||N/A|
Physical (Refer to Image):
|Form Factor||Riflescope||Attachment Interface||(2) 30mm Rings (Sold Seperately)|
|Mount Height||N/A||Finish||Matte Black|
|Battery Life (hrs)||N/A||Weight (oz)||19.7|
|Overall Length – A (in)||13.5||Front Mounting Length – C (in)||1.3|
|Rear Mounting Length – D (in)||2.6||Total Mount Length – B (in)||5.4|
|Objective Housing Length – F (in)||4.8||Objective Housing Width – G (in)||2.1|
|Objective Housing Height – G (in)||2.1||Eyepiece Housing Length – E (in)||3.3|
|Eyepiece Housing Width – H (in)||1.8||Eyepiece Housing Height – H (in)||1.8|
|Magnification Ring Outside Diameter (in; cm)||~1.7; 4.2||Turret Saddle Depth (in; cm)||~0.1; 0.3|
The VX®-5HD riflescope has everything you need and nothing you don’t. With high-definition lenses, extended low-light hunting performance, and our Lifetime Guarantee, this is the only scope you’ll ever need.
Leupold’s Lifetime Guarantee
- Anyone can offer you a lifetime warranty, but guaranteeing performance takes serious dedication and craftsmanship. From our Beaverton Oregon factory to the wilderness, the battlefield, and everywhere in between, we won’t let you down.
Professional-Grade Optical System
- Leupold’s Professional-Grade Optical System offers unmatched light transmission that’s designed to outperform in the most challenging lighting conditions, industry-leading glare reduction for a clear image in harsh, direct light, and the resolution and clarity that professional guides and shooters demand in the field.
- Experience the difference with Leupold’s High-Definition lenses, which provide unparalleled clarity, color, and image quality all the way to the edge of your field of view.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.