The VX®-5HD 3-15x44mm is made for anything and everything. Its 3-15x magnification range lets you take full advantage of any situation. Turn the power down to 3x for thick timber hunting, crank it up to 15x for your trek across the open plains, or go anywhere in-between. This scope has the versatility to dominate them all.
The VX-5HD defines relentless versatility. Its wide magnification ranges give hunters and shooters the ability to adapt to any environment. Built around Leupold’s Professional-Grade Optical System, it offers unmatched light transmission that’s designed to outperform in the most challenging lighting conditions. Its industry leading glare reduction provides a clear image in harsh, direct light, while the resolution and clarity will meet the demands of any professional guide or shooter in the field. And when it’s time to pull the trigger, you’ll want the accuracy and additional elevation the two-turn CDS® ZeroLock® 2 dials deliver.
As the lightest, most rugged 5:1 riflescope in its class, your VX-5HD will never slow you down. And like all Leupold® riflescopes, it’s designed, machined, and assembled in the USA and guaranteed for life.
- 5:1 Zoom Ratio
- A versatile 5:1 zoom ratio gives you 5 times more magnification at high power than at low power (model magnification ranges may be available in powers of 5x: 1-5, 2-10, 3-15, 4-20, etc.), so you can adjust your magnification to find the perfect balance between magnification and field of view for any situation. The larger the zoom ratio, the more versatile one scope can be.
- Professional-Grade Optical System
- Leupold’s Professional-Grade Optical System offers unmatched light transmission that’s designed to outperform in the most challenging lighting conditions, industry-leading glare reduction for a clear image in harsh, direct light, and the resolution and clarity that professional guides and shooters demand in the field.
- Side Focus
- The side focus adjusts the scope’s parallax, making the reticle clearer and have less perceived movement when you’re shooting at different distances.
- Custom Dial Compatible
- Leupold’s Custom Dial System® (CDS®) gives you the ability to customize your turret (adjustment dial) to your exact ballistics and environmental conditions. Once your new custom dial is installed, simply range the target, turn the dial to that number, and aim dead on.
- CDS-ZL2 Elevation Dial
- The CDS-ZL2 (ZeroLock 2) provides two revolutions of elevation adjustment while eliminating accidental dial movement with the push-button ZeroLock system. It also features Leupold’s award-winning Custom Dial System® (CDS®), which allows shooters to order a laser-marked bullet-drop dial to match their exact ballistics and conditions.
- Second Focal Plane
- In Second Focal Plane (rear focal plane) scopes, the reticle stays the same size while the target grows and shrinks when you adjust the magnification. These reticles are ideal for lowlight hunting situations and in scopes that don’t utilize hash marks for range estimation.
- Zero Lock Dial
- The ZeroLock® system eliminates accidental dial movement by locking it in place.
- Zero Stop
- The ZeroStop system creates a backstop when returning the dial back to zero, so you don’t accidently turn the dial a full revolution in the wrong direction.
- Guard-ion is a hydrophobic lens coating that sheds dirt and water for a maintenance-free, clear, crisp image.
- Waterproof, Fogproof, & Shockproof
- Leupold pioneered modern waterproof and fogproof technology using advanced internal gasses and sealing methods that withstand extreme temperatures, elevation changes, and shocks, so the internals of the optics stay moisture free and crystal clear for life.
- Duplex® Reticle
- Invented in 1962 by Leupold®
- Defined by heavy posts
- Stands out against cover in low light
- Quick target acquisition with thin lines at the center
- Most popular reticle in the world
- Rear (second) focal plane
|Reticle Type||Second Focal Plane||Reticle||Duplex|
|Daylight Bright Illumination||No||Guard-ion Lens Coating||Yes|
|Eye Relief Low Mag (in)||3.7||Eye Relief High Mag (in)||3.8|
|Adjustable Objective||No||Side Focus||Yes|
|Minimum Parallax-Free Distance (yd)||50|
|Magnification Type||Variable||Magnification Min||3|
|Magnification Max||15||Objective Lens Diameter (mm)||44|
|Linear FOV Low Mag (ft@100yds)||38.3||Angular FOV Low Mag (Degrees)||7.3|
|Linear FOV High Mag (ft@100yds)||7.7||Angular FOV High Mag (Degrees)||1.5|
|Elevation Adjustment Type||CDS-ZL2||Elevation Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (MOA)||75||Elevation Adjustment Range (MIL)||22|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (cm @ 100m)||218||Elevation Adjustment Per Revolution (MOA)||20|
|Elevation Dial Travel Limit (MOA)||38||Windage Adjustment Type||Pop-Up Rezero|
|Windage Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4||Windage Adjustment Range (MOA)||75|
|Windage Adjustment Range (MIL)||22||Windage Adjustment Range (cm @ 100m)||218|
|Windage Adjustment Per Revolution (MOA)||15|
|Custom Dial System (CDS)||Yes||Custom Dial Compatible||Yes|
|BDC Dial Included||No||Rezero Type||Set Screw|
|Zero Stop||Yes||Locking Dial||Yes|
|Zero Lock Dial||Yes||Revolution Indicator||Yes|
|Nightvision Compatible Illumination||No||Motion Sensor Technology (MST)||No|
|Electronic Reticle Level||No|
Physical (Refer to Image):
|Total Length (in) – A||13.5||Total Mounting Space (in) – B||5.4|
|Front Mounting Space (in) – C||1.3||Rear Mounting Space (in) – D||2.6|
|Eyepiece Length (in) – E||3.3||Objective Length (in) – F||4.8|
|Objective Diameter (in) – G||2.1||Eyepiece Diameter (in) – H||1.8|
|Maintube Diameter (mm or in) – K||30 mm|
The VX®-5HD riflescope has everything you need and nothing you don’t. With high-definition lenses, extended low-light hunting performance, and our Lifetime Guarantee, this is the only scope you’ll ever need.
Leupold’s Lifetime Guarantee
- Anyone can offer you a lifetime warranty, but guaranteeing performance takes serious dedication and craftsmanship. From our Beaverton Oregon factory to the wilderness, the battlefield, and everywhere in between, we won’t let you down.
- Experience the difference with Leupold’s High-Definition lenses, which provide unparalleled clarity, color, and image quality all the way to the edge of your field of view.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.