The VX®-Freedom® 4-12x40mm delivers legendary Leupold® performance and dependability in a versatile magnification range that’s ideal for mid to longer-range shots. It’s also equipped with the Leupold® Custom Dial System® (CDS), which gives you a customizable ballistics solution at your fingertips. This system is easy to install and even easier to use.
Built around Leupold’s Advanced Optical System, the VX-Freedom delivers tried and true light transmission, best in class glare reduction in harsh light, and the resolution and clarity that recreational sportsmen and sportswomen demand.
The VX-Freedom is 100% waterproof and fogproof, and guaranteed to get the job done every time. And like all Leupold riflescopes, it’s designed, machined, and assembled in the USA and guaranteed for life.
- 3:1 Zoom Ratio
- A 3:1 zoom ratio is very common in many scope models. It gives you 3 times more magnification at high power than at low power (model magnification ranges are available in powers of 3x: 1.5-5, 2.5-8, 3-9, 3.5-10, etc.), so you can dial your power down for close encounters or all of the way up for long-range shots.
- Custom Dial System Compatible
- Leupold’s Custom Dial System® (CDS®) gives you the ability to customize your turret (adjustment dial) to your exact ballistics and environmental conditions. Once your new custom dial is installed, simply range the target, turn the dial to that number, and aim dead on.
- Lockable Eyepiece
- A traditional eyepiece lock ring allows you to lock in a focus setting that is best for your eye.
- Advanced Optical System
- Leupold’s Advanced Optical System offers tried and true light transmission for extended glassing sessions, best in class glare reduction in harsh light, and the resolution and clarity that recreational sportsmen and sportswomen demand.
- Scratch Resistant Lenses
- Hardened surface coatings are added to meet extreme military standards in scratch resistance and added lens protection.
- Zero Stop
- The ZeroStop system creates a backstop when returning the dial back to zero, so you don’t accidently turn the dial a full revolution in the wrong direction.
- Waterproof, Fogproof, & Shockproof
- Leupold pioneered modern waterproof and fogproof technology using advanced internal gasses and sealing methods that withstand extreme temperatures, elevation changes, and shocks, so the internals of the optics stay moisture free and crystal clear for life.
- Tri-MOA Reticle
- Proprietary Leupold® design
- Based off the T-MOA® reticle
- Provided hash marks in 1 MOA increments
- Features 10 MOA of measurement in each direction
- 5 MOA hash is wider for quick reference
- Open upper half of the reticle for observation and spotting
- Not caliber specific
- Rear (second) focal plane
|Reticle Type||Second Focal Plane||Reticle||Duplex|
|Daylight Bright Illumination||No||Guard-ion Lens Coating||No|
|Eye Relief Low Mag (in)||4.9||Eye Relief High Mag (in)||3.7|
|Adjustable Objective||No||Side Focus||No|
|Fixed Parallax-Free Distance (yd)||150|
|Magnification Type||Variable||Magnification Min||4|
|Magnification Max||12||Objective Lens Diameter (mm)||40|
|Linear FOV Low Mag (ft@100yds)||21.5||Angular FOV Low Mag (Degrees)||4.1|
|Linear FOV High Mag (ft@100yds)||10||Angular FOV High Mag (Degrees)||1.9|
|Elevation Adjustment Type||CDS||Elevation Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (MOA)||80||Elevation Adjustment Range (MIL)||23|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (cm @ 100m)||233||Elevation Adjustment Per Revolution (MOA)||15|
|Elevation Dial Travel Limit (MOA)||14||Windage Adjustment Type||Finger Click|
|Windage Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4||Windage Adjustment Range (MOA)||80|
|Windage Adjustment Range (MIL)||23||Windage Adjustment Range (cm @ 100m)||233|
|Windage Adjustment Per Revolution (MOA)||15|
|Custom Dial System (CDS)||Yes||Custom Dial Compatible||Yes|
|BDC Dial Included||No||Rezero Type||Set Screw|
|Zero Stop||Yes||Locking Dial||No|
|Zero Lock Dial||No||Revolution Indicator||No|
|Nightvision Compatible Illumination||No||Motion Sensor Technology (MST)||No|
|Electronic Reticle Level||No|
Physical (Refer to Image):
|Total Length (in) – A||12.49||Total Mounting Space (in) – B||5.39|
|Front Mounting Space (in) – C||2.32||Rear Mounting Space (in) – D||1.85|
|Eyepiece Length (in) – E||3.5||Objective Length (in) – F||3.6|
|Objective Diameter (in) – G||1.83||Eyepiece Diameter (in) – H||1.56|
|Maintube Diameter (mm or in) – K||1 inch|
The Leupold® VX®-Freedom® riflescope delivers reliable, accurate, and extremely clear performance in a package that outperforms its price season after season. Decades of American manufacturing combined with our unbeatable optical engineering are rolled into a riflescope that is guaranteed to get the job done every time.
Leupold’s Lifetime Guarantee
- Anyone can offer you a lifetime warranty, but guaranteeing performance takes serious dedication and craftsmanship. From our Beaverton Oregon factory to the wilderness, the battlefield, and everywhere in between, we won’t let you down.
1/4 MOA Finger Click Adjustments
- 1/4 MOA Finger Click windage and elevation dials are designed to give you easy grip at the range or in the field. The standard 1/4 MOA of adjustment per click will make you feel right at home when sighting in.
- High-quality, domestic, aerospace-grade aluminum is used to provide maximum strength and durability without adding unnecessary weight.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.