The VX®-Freedom® 4-12x40mm delivers legendary Leupold® performance and dependability in a versatile magnification range that’s ideal for mid to long-range shots. This rugged and lightweight riflescope can get the job done on whatever rifle you have in your safe.
Built around Leupold’s Advanced Optical System, the VX-Freedom delivers tried and true light transmission, best in class glare reduction in harsh light, and the resolution and clarity that recreational sportsmen and sportswomen demand.
The VX-Freedom is 100% waterproof and fogproof, and guaranteed to get the job done every time. And like all Leupold riflescopes, it’s designed, machined, and assembled in the USA and guaranteed for life.
- 3:1 Zoom Ratio
- A 3:1 zoom ratio is very common in many scope models. It gives you 3 times more magnification at high power than at low power (model magnification ranges are available in powers of 3x: 1.5-5, 2.5-8, 3-9, 3.5-10, etc.), so you can dial your power down for close encounters or all of the way up for long-range shots.
- Advanced Optical System
- Leupold’s Advanced Optical System offers tried and true light transmission for extended glassing sessions, best in class glare reduction in harsh light, and the resolution and clarity that recreational sportsmen and sportswomen demand.
- Side Focus
- The side focus adjusts the scope’s parallax, making the reticle clearer and have less perceived movement when you’re shooting at different distances.
- Custom Dial System
- Leupold’s Custom Dial System® (CDS®) gives you the ability to customize your turret (adjustment dial) to your exact ballistics and environmental conditions. Once your new custom dial is installed, simply range the target, turn the dial to that number, and aim dead on.
- Second Focal Plane
- In Second Focal Plane (rear focal plane) scopes, the reticle stays the same size while the target grows and shrinks when you adjust the magnification. These reticles are ideal for lowlight hunting situations and in scopes that don’t utilize hash marks for range estimation.
- Zero Stop
- The ZeroStop system creates a backstop when returning the dial back to zero, so you don’t accidently turn the dial a full revolution in the wrong direction.
- Scratch Resistant Lenses
- Hardened surface coatings are added to meet extreme military standards in scratch resistance and added lens protection.
- Waterproof, Fogproof, & Shockproof
- Leupold pioneered modern waterproof and fogproof technology using advanced internal gasses and sealing methods that withstand extreme temperatures, elevation changes, and shocks, so the internals of the optics stay moisture free and crystal clear for life.
- Tri-MOA Reticle
- Proprietary Leupold® design
- Based off the T-MOA® reticle
- Provided hash marks in 1 MOA increments
- Features 10 MOA of measurement in each direction
- 5 MOA hash is wider for quick reference
- Open upper half of the reticle for observation and spotting
- Not caliber specific
- Rear (second) focal plane
|Reticle Type||Second Focal Plane||Reticle||Tri-MOA|
|Light Management System||Advanced Optical System||Glass Type||Standard|
|Lens Coating||Standard||Eye Relief Low Mag (in)||5.2|
|Eye Relief High Mag (in)||3.8||Twilight Factor Low Mag||~12.6|
|Twilight Factor High Mag||~21.9||Diopter Type||Adjustable Eyepiece w/ Lock Ring|
|Parallax Adjustment||Side Focus||Min Parallax Free Distance (yd)||35|
|Min Magnification||4x||Max Magnification||12x|
|Objective Lens Diameter (mm)||40||Low Mag Field of View (ft @ 100 yds; Degrees)||19.9; 3.8|
|High Mag Field of View (ft @ 100 yds; Degrees)||11.2; 2.1||Elevation Turret Style||Exposed|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (MOA; MIL; cm @ 100 yds)||80; 23; 233||Elevation Dial Travel Limit (MOA)||14|
|Elevation Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4||Elevation Clicks per Rotation||60|
|Windage Turret Style||Capped||Windage Adjustment Range (MOA; MIL; cm @ 100 yds)||80; 23; 233|
|Windage Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4||Windage Clicks per Rotation||60|
|Locking Dial||No||Zero Stop||Yes|
|Indexable Turret||CDS||Indexing Type||Removable Dial, Set Screw|
|External Rotation Indicator||No||Illumination Control||N/A|
|Locking Illumination||N/A||Auto-Shutoff (hrs)||N/A|
|Throw Lever||No||Nightvision Compatible Illumination||N/A|
|Motion Sensor Capabilities||N/A||Electronic Reticle Leveler||N/A|
|Sunshade/Killflash Compatible||Yes (Sold Seperately)|
Physical (Refer to Image):
|Form Factor||Riflescope||Attachment Interface||(2) 1 Inch Rings (Sold Seperately)|
|Mount Height||N/A||Finish||Matte Black|
|Battery Life (hrs)||N/A||Weight (oz)||15.7|
|Overall Length – A (in)||12.39||Front Mounting Length – C (in)||2.24|
|Rear Mounting Length – D (in)||2.47||Total Mount Length – B (in)||5.94|
|Objective Housing Length – F (in)||3.64||Objective Housing Width – G (in)||1.83|
|Objective Housing Height – G (in)||1.83||Eyepiece Housing Length – E (in)||3.08|
|Eyepiece Housing Width – H (in)||1.63||Eyepiece Housing Height – H (in)||1.63|
|Magnification Ring Outside Diameter (in; cm)||~1.4; 3.3||Turret Saddle Depth (in; cm)||~0.2; 0.4|
The Leupold® VX®-Freedom® riflescope delivers reliable, accurate, and extremely clear performance in a package that outperforms its price season after season. Decades of American manufacturing combined with our unbeatable optical engineering are rolled into a riflescope that is guaranteed to get the job done every time.
Leupold’s Lifetime Guarantee
- Anyone can offer you a lifetime warranty, but guaranteeing performance takes serious dedication and craftsmanship. From our Beaverton Oregon factory to the wilderness, the battlefield, and everywhere in between, we won’t let you down.
Scratch Resistant Lenses
- Hardened surface coatings are added to the lenses for an extremely scratch resistant finish that meets military standards.
1/4 MOA Finger Click Adjustments
- 1/4 MOA Finger Click windage and elevation dials are designed to give you easy grip at the range or in the field. The standard 1/4 MOA of adjustment per click will make you feel right at home when sighting in.
- High-quality, domestic, aerospace-grade aluminum is used to provide maximum strength and durability without adding unnecessary weight.
|Distributor Item Number||100-175079|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.