The Magpul CTR (Compact/Type Restricted) – Mil-Spec model is a drop-in replacement buttstock for modern sporting carbines using Mil-Spec sized receiver extension tubes. Designed for light, fast action, the streamlined A-frame profile avoids snagging and shields the release latch to prevent accidental activation.
The CTR also features a supplemental friction lock system that minimizes excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and an ambidextrous QD sling mount that will accept any push-button sling swivel. The Mil-Spec model includes a standard 0.3″ thick rubber butt-pad, which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear.
Made in the USA.
- Iconic Stock
- Mounts on Mil-Spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from various manufacturers
- Secure “Set It and Forget It” Fit
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation while the supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy-robbing wobble
- The Right Balance of Cheek Weld and Comfort
- Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
- Side mounting slots accept optional cheek risers for non-standard applications
- Dependable Adjustablity
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long life
- Sling Point Variety
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP®, ASAP® QD and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts:
- Rear – Push-button QD swivel sling mount accommodates up to 1.5″ swivels (ambidextrous)
- Rear/Bottom – 1.25″ sling loops
- Toe – Lanyard hole for custom para-cord rigs
- Impact Mitigation
- Removable 0.3″ Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
|Compatiblity||Firearms/Chassis that use Mil-Spec Sized Carbine Receiver Extension Tube|
|LOP Adjustment Range (in)||~3.8|
|Max Length (in)||7.2|
|Weight w/ Receiver Extension (oz)||13.6|
Note: Specifications based on standard-length (flat-back) Carbine receiver extension and may vary depending on tube manufacturer.
Friction lock performance may vary depending on the host receiver extension’s dimensional tolerances.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.