The MBUS (Magpul® Back-Up Sight) is a low-cost, color injection-molded, folding back-up sight. The MBUS Front Sight is adjustable for elevation and fits most 1913 Picatinny-railed hand guards, but is specifically tailored to the AR15 / M16 platform.
An elevation adjustment tool is included, but most aftermarket A2 front sight adjustment tools may be used as well.
Made in the USA.
- Spring-Loaded Flip Up Sight
- Easily activated from either side or by pressing the top
- Protective wings shield the spring-locking A2 front sight post
- Impact-Resistant Polymer Construction
- Polymer construction provides light weight and resists operational abuse
- Detent and Spring Pressure Keeps Sight Erect
- Detent and spring pressure keeps sight erect but allows for unobstructed folding under impact, etc.
- Clamps to Most MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny Rails
- Compatible with most MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny / STANAG 4694-railed hand guards* and provides the same height-over-bore as standard A2 irons
|Mount||MIL-STD-1913 Picatinny/STANAG 4694|
|Elevation Adjustment (MOA) per click w/ 14.5″ sight radius||1.6|
|Elevation Adjustment (MOA) per click w/ 20″ sight radius||1.2|
|Deployed Length (in)||1.5|
|Stowed Length (in)||2.6|
|Stowed Height Above Rail (in)||~0.51|
|Weight w/ Hardware (oz)||1.2|
*Note: Cannot be mounted to a railed gas block due to excess heat issues. Front MBUS must be mounted to a railed fore end on the same plane as the receiver rail. Because of this the sight is also not compatible with MOE Hand Guards.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.