The Magpul STR (Storage/Type Restricted) Carbine Stock – Mil-Spec is a drop-in replacement buttstock for AR15/M4 carbines using Mil-Spec sized receiver extension tubes. A storage-capable version of the CTR®, the STR has improved cheek weld and two water resistant battery tubes on a compact, reinforced polymer A-frame design.
A shielded operation lever and supplemental friction locking system prevent accidental operation and minimize excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and accuracy.* The STR incorporates two integral sling loops, a reversible push-button QD sling mount, and a replaceable 0.30″ rubber butt-pad which provides positive shoulder purchase to prevent slippage even with body armor or modular gear.
Made in the USA.
MULTI-ROLE AR STOCK
- Mounts on Com-Spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic, and others (please see the note below)
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides. Each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries. Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via a hand-removable rubber plug
SHIELDED RELEASE LATCH
- Prevents snagging and accidental operation. Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble*
- Replaceable 0.30″ Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
SLING POINT VARIETY
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP®, ASAP® QD and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts: Rear – Reversible Type 1 Sling Mount fits up to 1.5″ push-button QD swivels (swivel not included); Rear/Bottom – 1.25″ sling loops
LONG LASTING ADJUSTABILITY
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
WARNING: Observe safe firearm handling practices at all times. Failure to do so may result in serious bodily injury or death. Magpul Industries shall not be responsible for injury, death, or property damage resulting from faulty installation, misuse, illegal use, or modification of this product.
|Platform||AR180B, Howa 1500 APC|
|Compatibility||Com-Spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Bushmaster, DPMS, Olympic, and others|
|LOP, M4 Collapsed||~10.9 in.|
|LOP, M4 Extended||~14.7 in.|
|LOP Adjustment Range||3.8 in.|
|Length, max||7.3 in.|
|Weight, w/ receiver extension||16.3 oz.|
|Width, max||2.6 in.|
|Other Specs||* Friction lock performance may vary depending on the host receiver extension’s dimensional tolerances.
** Specifications based on extended-length (slant-back) commercial-spec carbine receiver extension and may vary depending on tube manufacturer.
NOTE: There are two basic sizes of M4 Carbine receiver extensions (buffer tubes): Mil-Spec and Commercial-Spec. If you have a Mil-Spec extension on your rifle, make sure to order the Mil-Spec STR.