Based on the same platform as the Marlin 1895 SBL, the Marlin 1895 Trapper boasts a shorter, more maneuverable 16″ barrel, offers a bead-blasted, satin stainless finish for low glare in the field and rapid acquisition with the adjustable Skinner Sights™ receiver-mounted peep sight system.
This American-made lever-action rifle was manufactured with great pride and attention to detail. You can expect the same time-honored design as the traditional 1895, combined with Ruger’s trusted reputation for producing high-quality, reliable firearms.
- Quality Crafted Into Every Rifle
- Improved manufacturing processes create tight tolerances, resulting in a reliable, attractive rifle. Multi-layered quality control procedures, including daily function and accuracy audits and multiple inspections, result in a high-quality product.
- Adjustable Skinner Sights™ receiver-mounted peep sight is perfect for rapid target acquisition.
- Improved finish on the stock and forend and checkered grip panels provide superior grip in all conditions.
- Refined stock fit and thinner forend improve aesthetics and ergonomics.
- Durable, laminate buttstock and forend remain dimensionally stable in varying weather conditions.
- Sharp checkering provides an excellent grip in all weather conditions.
- Soft-rubber buttpad effectively absorbs recoil.
- Spiral-fluted, polished bolt aids smooth cycling.
- Threaded barrel, with a match-polished, factory-installed thread protector, has a 11/16″-24 pattern to accommodate a muzzle brake or other barrel accessories.
- Receiver, lever and trigger guard plate are CNC machined from 416 stainless steel forgings.
- Barrel is made of 410 stainless steel and is cold hammer-forged which results in ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy and longevity.
- Stainless steel components have a satin, non-shiny finish.
- Oversized lever loop provides clearance for operation with heavy gloves.
- Five-round, tubular magazine with a loading gate located on the receiver.
- Positive, push-button, cross-bolt manual safety and traditional half-cock hammer.
- Reliably feeds a wide range of .45-70 Govt. factory ammunition and bullet types.
- Also includes: Sling swivel studs, offset hammer spur.
- You may notice some changes to the details on this rifle. Here is how to identify a Ruger-made, Marlin® Model 1895:
- Location of manufacture on the barrel reads “Mayodan, NC.”
- New “RP” proof mark located on the left side of the firearm.
- Ruger-made Marlin® rifles begin with the serial prefix of “RM.”
- Marlin Horse and Rider logo laser engraved on the grip.
- The traditional black and white Marlin bullseye located on the rifle stock is now red and white.
- Quality Crafted Into Every Rifle
|Canada Legal Classification||Non-Restricted||Action||Lever|
|Handedness||Ambidextrous||Optic Interface||Drilled and Tapped|
|Rear Sight||Windage Adjustable Skinner “Trapper” Threaded Apeture Peep Sight; Barrel Rear Sight Marlin 1895 Dovetail Cut||Front Sight||Fixed Skinner “Bear Buster White Face” Blade Sight|
|Grip Type||Stock Integrated Pistol Checkered||Pistol Grip Cap||Etched Marlin Logo|
|Trigger Type||Standard||Trigger Compatiblity||Marlin 1895, 1894, 336|
|Trigger Pull (lbs)||~5||Safety||Cross Bolt; Half Cock|
|Manual Safety Position||Upper Backend of Receiver; On Hammer||Magazine Interface||Fixed Tube|
|Magazine Compatibility||Marlin 1895||Magazine Capacity||5|
|Length (in)||34.25||Width (in; cm)||~1.5; 3.7|
|Height (in; cm)||~8.5; 21.5||Weight (lbs)||7.1|
|Accessory Interface||Sling Stud Buttstock, Forend Cap|
|Throw Angle (Degrees)||90||Action Size||Standard|
|Receiver Type||Marlin 1895, 1894, 336||Lower Receiver Material||Stainless Steel|
|Lower Receiver Finish||Satin||Upper Receiver Material||Stainless Steel|
|Upper Receiver Finish||Satin||Stock Interfacing Mechanism||Direct Attachment to Receiver|
|Stock Interfacing Mechanism Material||Rear Tang Mounted Screw||Stock Interfacing Mechanism Finish||Satin Stainless|
|Barrel Interfacing Mechanism||Threaded Into Receiver||Barrel Securing Mechanism||Barrel Threads|
|Barrel Securing Mechanism Material||Metal||Barrel Securing Mechanism Finish||Satin Stainless|
|Recoil Lug||None||Recoil Lug Material||N/A|
|Recoil Lug Finish||N/A||Feed Type||Push|
|Ejection||Receiver Mounted Spring Loaded||Ejection Direction||Right|
|Bolt Type||2 Piece||Bolt Material||Stainless Steel|
|Bolt Finish||Polished||Bolt Head Type||Modular|
|Bolt Locking Lugs||Rear Locking Block||Lever Type||Pistol Grip Big Loop|
|Lever Material||Stainless Steel||Lever Finish||Satin|
|Bolt Hold Open||None||Bolt Release||None|
|Trigger Guard Type||Part of Lever||Trigger Guard Material||Stainless Steel|
|Trigger Guard Finish||Satin||Trigger Guard Engraving||None|
|Magazine Release Type||None||Magazine Release Position||N/A|
|Magazine Cutoff||N/A||Anti-Release Magazine Lock Mechanism||Threaded Screw Into Barrel|
|Stock Type||Pistol Grip||Stock Fit||Marlin 1895 Pistol Grip, 1894 Pistol Grip, 336 Pistol Grip|
|Stock Material||Laminate||Stock Finish||Black|
|Buttpad||Rubber Black||Adjustable Length of Pull||No|
|Default Length of Pull (in)||13.38||Min Length of Pull (in)||13.38|
|Max Length of Pull (in)||13.38||Adjustable Comb||No|
|Min Drop at Comb (in; cm)||~1; 2.5||Max Drop at Comb (in; cm)||~1.6; 4|
|Min Drop at Heel (in; cm)||~1; 2.5||Max Drop at Heel (in; cm)||~1.6; 4|
|Adjustable Cast||No||Adjustable Pitch||No|
|Forend Type||Mounted to Recevier and Barrel||Forend Fit||Marlin 1895 w/ Handguard Cap, 1894 w/ Handguard Cap|
|Forend Material||Laminate||Forend Finish||Black Textured|
|Barrel Profile||Round||Barrel Material||Stainless Steel, Cold Hammer Forged|
|Barrel Finish||Satin||Chamber Finish||Standard|
|Rifling||6 Groove RH||Twist Rate||1:20|
|Muzzle Device||Polished Thread Protector||Muzzle Thread (in)||11/16 – 24|
|Distributor (1) Item Number||0604-2458|
|Distributor (2) Product Number||342-70450|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.