A Pristine action is designed to be a direct Remington 700 replacement upgrade. No over-size bolt issues as is common with other aftermarket actions.
- CNC machined from one solid piece of pre-hardened 416 Stainless Steel
- Cylindrical action designed to remove material stress
- Isotropic surface finish for enhanced smoothness
- Thicker rear tang to avoid action distortion/bending
- Thicker rear action screw threads for increased strength
- Anti-bind design makes bolt cycling smoother
- Accepts all standard Remington 700 triggers – no trigger hanger required.
- Works with any Remington Stock/chassis system and most aftermarket chassis systems.
- Works with external magazine-fed and blind mag stocks.
- A unique quick-release bolt shroud allows easy bolt disassembly for cleaning – no tools required
- Ultra-smooth bolt cycling – less than 4 pounds to lift the bolt
- Roller cocking piece for super light bolt lift that creates consistent and smooth bolt closing. No ‘cock-on-close’.
- Replaceable bolt knob – standard 5/16-24 thread
- 6-lug design, with light and quick 90° bolt lift
- Sako Extractor – larger than standard means no failures to extract.
- Dual ejectors for more consistent and powerful ejection
- Bolt face diameters available for a variety of calibers
- Floating bolt head for unmatched security and strength and allows for an exchangeable bolt head for caliber selection
- 308 caliber actions are compatible with 225; 243; 308; 284; & 358 Winchester, 22-250 & 7mm-08 Remington, 6mm BR, 250 & 300 Savage, 6.5 x 284 Norma, 6.5 Creedmoor and 338 FED.
- Accepts standard Savage pre-fit barrels for super-simple installation. (1.062/1.055 x 20TPI)
- Pinned precision recoil lug included.
- Double pinned 20MOA Picatinny rail designed specifically for this action. (#8-40 screws)
|Action||Bolt||Action Material||416 Stainless Steel|
|Bolt Throw Angle (Degrees)||90||Canadian Legal Classification||Non-Restricted|
|Ejection||Right||Stock/Chassis Compatibility||Remington 700|
|Trigger Compatiblity||Remington 700||Optic Interface||Supplied 20 MOA Picatinny Rail|
|Bolt Material||4340 HTSR Steel||Bolt Knob Type||Cylindrical Textured; 5/16-24 Thread|
|Bolt Head Type||Modular Floating||Locking Lugs||6|
|Barrel Compatibility||Savage Prefit (1.062/1.055 x 20 TPI)||Recoil Lug Size (in)||0.188 (Supplied); 0.186, 0.190 (Sold Seperately)|
Our Pristine Action is based off of the legendary Remington 700 action, that has been proven for over 50 years.
Its cylindrical shape allows for ease of manufacturing with material readily available. This action, if combined with a Savage pre-fit barrel, allows users to swap out their barrels without the need for a gunsmith, if they decide to upgrade. The recoil lug is locked between the barrel nut and the receiver. This design allows for less wasted material without sacrificing accuracy. Works with R700 triggers. This means no custom inletting, no trips to the gunsmith, no cutting, and no filing to make things fit. Just drop in and go.
There is a huge array of triggers for every purpose and at every price point. Our design allows any Remington 700 trigger to drop right in, allowing customers to use any trigger in their rifle.
The full diameter bolt design is becoming increasingly popular. Its combination of smoother bolt feel and reduced chance of binding makes it perfect for hunting and PRS competition. Our regular sized bolt has a unique lug system that is the same diameter as the bolt body, eliminating the need to machine or EDM raceways into the receiver. This increases strength, rigidity and performance while making the receiver easier to machine. Our system uses a 90-degree bolt lift which allows for a lighter and smoother bolt lift, allowing you to stay on target while cycling the bolt.
Most rifles that utilize a 90 degree bolt throw have 2 lugs.
Pristine Actions utilize 6 locking lugs, making our action ultra strong. Borrowing design cues from the bulletproof Weatherby Mark V, our action uses 2 rows of 3 locking lugs to keep the bolt secure even when using the hottest loads.
Pristine Action uses a Sako style extractor
The extractor design is used in the proven Sako and Tikka rifles. Our full diameter bolt design eliminates the safety concerns usually raised with this type of extractor. This design takes a large bite on the case, ensuring that every cartridge is extracted every time. It uses a dual plunger system to eject the cartridge. This ensures that the cartridge is ejected straight out of the ejection port every time, eliminating jams and blockages.
Pristine Actions utilize a floating bolt head system
This system ensures that the bolt face centers itself perpendicular to the barrel and the cartridge every time, eliminating misalignment caused by contamination like dust and dirt in the action. This system also allows easy caliber changes which, combined with the Savage pre fit barrel and barrel nut system, allows customers to change calibers at home without a gunsmith.
A premium feature of the Pristine Action is our cocking piece roller.
This feature eliminates the friction between the cocking piece and the cocking ramp on the back of the bolt. Usually, a hardened steel cocking piece is forced up the hardened ramp when the bolt is lifted. This generates a substantial amount of friction which needs to be overcome in addition to the weight of the firing pin spring. Using a roller further lightens bolt lift, giving our action the lightest bolt lift out of the box on the market today. This roller cocking piece, combined with our zero cock on close system, allows the bolt to be operated with 1 finger.
The materials we use in our action are aircraft grade 416R and 4340 HTSR.
416R is a pre-hardened stainless steel that has been designed specifically for use in firearm barrels. This material is corrosion resistant and has non-galling properties which increase its durability. It also possesses a very high tensile strength and excellent wear properties. 416R combines the strength and rigidity necessary in a precision action with good machinability. This allows us to achieve a better surface finish inside the bore using standard machining methods. This improves bolt feel and allows the bolt to cycle faster. The action has a clear satin finish which gives the rifle a polished, professional appearance and hides fingerprints. The bolt and bolt head are made of 4340 HTSR. This is a high strength carbon steel that also machines well, ensuring excellent surface finishes. The bolt is nitrided to create an extremely smooth, extremely durable finish. The combination of a polished stainless receiver, black bolt and black shroud is striking and lets everyone know you run a quality Pristine Action.
Our action combines accuracy and reliability with state-of-the-art machinery
It takes inspiration from the best features of a variety of different rifles including Sako, the Weatherby Mk V and Remington 700. Pristine Actions are designed by a highly skilled team of machinists, engineers, and firearm enthusiasts, giving it desirable features without complicating the manufacturing process. This allows for a dependable, accurate, cost effective action that can be used as a stock hunting rifle or a completely customized long-range tack driver.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.