The Sako 85 Finnlight rifle is for those who foray deep into the wild to reach their goal. Hunters on mountain trails or on long-distance treks prefer high-performance rifles that are full-sized, yet still lightweight. The fluted barrel of the Finnlight is just one of the many features that make it ideal for the hunter seeking a perfectly trimmed light rifle. The Sako 85 Finnlight is also an excellent choice for women and younger shooters.
- The specially engineered fluted barrel of the Sako 85 Finnlight reduces rifle weight and also accelerates the barrel cooling
- Sako 85 Finnlight has a reinforced black polymer stock with a soft grey pattern on its grip surfaces and a Soft Touch surface treatment
- Sako 85 actions come in six different sizes (CSA), providing reliable functioning for each caliber. All Sako 85 models feature controlled cartridge feed (RCS) to eliminate double feed or cartridge jams. The turn-bolt handle places the hand in a natural position during bolt operation, which allows for rapid repeated firing.
- Sako 85 barrels are manufactured with a passion for craftsmanship and the very best knowledge of Sako. Barrel blanks are drilled, honed, cold- hammer forged, finished and finally individually inspected by an optical fine-tuning instrument: the human eye. Twist rates are chosen for each caliber to optimize accuracy and bullet performance. Sako 85 barrels, blued or stainless, have a non-reflecting, satin-like surface – with the exception of the Sako 85 Deluxe and Safari models that have a highly polished finish.
- The staggered, two-row magazine of the Sako 85 is made of stainless steel. The detachable magazine can also be loaded through the ejection port. The Total Control Latch (patent pending) of the Sako 85 prevents accidental magazine release.
- The special two-way Sako safety locks both the trigger and the bolt handle. The unique bolt release button of the Sako Safety System allows you to load or remove a cartridge from the chamber while the safety is engaged.
- The ergonomics of Sako 85’s walnut and synthetic stocks are built for an optimal shooting posture. The excellent balance and smooth bolt operation of Sako 85 rifles enable fast, straight and accurate operation.
- The weight of pull of the single- stage Sako 85 trigger unit is adjustable from 1 to 2 kg (2–4 lbs). An optional single-set trigger is available for most Sako 85 models. All Sako 85 rifles have an extremely durable, all-steel trigger guard that protects the trigger. An exception to this are the Finnlight and Carbonlight models, which have a lightweight hard-anodized aluminium trigger guard.
|Stock Finish||Black||Cheek Piece||No|
|Magazine Capacity||5 + 1||Receiver Size||S|
|Open Sights||No||Barrel Length (mm)||520|
|Material||Stainless Steel||Rate of twist (in)||1:8|
|Muzzle Thread||No||Total Length (in; mm)||40.4; 1025|
|Weight (lbs; kg)||6.2; 2.8|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.