The new Sako S20 is the first true hybrid rifle, the one that both hunters and precision shooters can embrace. It’s designed for passionate shooters who want to take and stay in control in every situation. The modular structure adapts to changing lifestyles, making S20 a truly future-proof bolt action rifle.
Cold Hammer Forged Barrel
- All Sako rifles, including the Sako S20, feature match-grade cold hammer forged barrels. There are many advantages to cold hammer forged (CHF) barrels: they’re durable, accurate and have excellent tolerances. The cold hammer forging technique changes the structure of the steel, increasing its toughness and making the barrel life of your rifle longer.
- CHF barrels do not have to be broken in, but instead have superb out-of-the-box accuracy.
- What truly makes a hybrid rifle is its highly configurable stock. The takedown stock of the Sako S20 allows for great modularity, so that your rifle can be configured according to your preferences with different rearstocks and forends. This way, your S20 always adapts to whatever direction you want to take with your hobby.
- With S20, Sako introduces two types of stock: the tactical precision stock and the ergonomic hunting stock.
- Highly modifiable, the Sako S20 is as versatile as you are. A wide range of attachable accessories ensures that your S20 can go wherever you go, whether it’s the shooting range or the wilder terrains.
- Accessories can be easily mounted with M-LOK attachments made of aluminium (instead of plastic) for extra robustness.
- The durable and reliable double-stacked Cartridge+ magazine of the Sako S20, with its longer maximum cartridge length, was built to support reloaders, safeguard the bullet and to ensure optimal feeding.
- The magazine is designed in a way that supports the cartridges by the shoulder, leaving some space in front of the cartridge tip in the case. This prevents bullet damage from recoil which can have a serious effect on the ballistics. With the S20, the shots stay precise, wherever your journey takes you.
Full Aluminium Rifle Chassis
- Sako S20 has an aluminium heart. Its chassis provides a sturdy, high-quality frame for the rifle. This frame brings all the parts together and allows for great modularity. It also carries all the recoil forces through its stock. All S20 accessories are attached to this frame to guarantee strong, secure and easy install.
Adjustable Rifle Stock
- The Sako S20 stock is highly adjustable and intended to always fit like a glove – whether it’s your lifestyle, preferred shooting position, posture or hand size. A comfortable hold on your rifle is the foundation for consistent accuracy.
- Overall, the adjustable ergonomics are a big part of the Sako S20 design. This applies to the trigger, too, as having a natural grip on the rifle is not just comfortable but also improves accuracy. If your S20 doesn’t feel just right from the get-go, just finetune the trigger position to your liking.
Sako Precision Solution
- We know that true accuracy does not result from single features alone, but the rifle as a whole. This is why we created a reliable, solid foundation for Sako S20 – called the Sako Precision Solution. It’s full of features you can trust to bring repeatable accuracy, whether you’re on the hunting grounds or at the shooting range.
|Stock Finish||Black||Cheek Piece||Adjustable|
|Trigger||Single Stage||Magazine Capacity||3 + 1|
|Open Sights||No||Barrel Length (mm)||618|
|Material||Blackened Steel||Rate of twist (in)||1:10|
|Muzzle Thread||MT5/8-24||Total Length (in; mm)||45; 1142|
|Weight (lbs; kg)||8.5; 3.8|
- Cold Hammer Forged Barrel: At Sako, our specially trained professionals manually check every single barrel as no automated device can replace the human eye to inspect the barrel straightness, perfect rifle consistency and surface smoothness. What’s more, every rifle is tested by hand to guarantee sub MOA accuracy.
- Stock Configurations: The Sako S20 ergonomic hunting stock was designed with ultimate shooting comfort and ergonomics in mind. Having the best, most ergonomic grip on your rifle improves accuracy without compromising comfort. In an intense hunting situation, this can be the deciding factor between success and failure. The thumbhole-style pistol grip is made from a unique, soft, high-quality synthetic material with a leather-like texture, giving the optimal grip in any weather conditions. You can perfectly align with the rifle scope with the quick-adjustable cheek piece, and the length of pull can also be adjusted with spacers. The Quick Detachable (QD) sling placements on both sides of the stock enable fast and easy attachment of the sling, improving rifle handling.
- Cartridge+ Magazine: The magazine is made of highly robust glass-reinforced composite, a durable material that’s not affected by changes in temperature. A composite magazine doesn’t change its structure when dropped (contrary to a metal magazine), ensuring reliable feeding. S20 comes ready with a 5 round magazine, and 10 round magazines are available as an accessory. You can find the caliber markings on the magazine. S20 magazines can also be disassembled for maintenance.
- Full Aluminium Rifle Chassis: The S20’s rifle chassis is manufactured from aircraft-grade aluminium, and it provides maximum stiffness, robustness and thus accuracy. The weight has been optimised without compromising the rifle’s rigidity. Moreover, the aluminium chassis is not affected by tough weather conditions, keeping accuracy consistent even in varying situations. The receiver is fixed to the angled surfaces of the chassis with a V-bedding system, increasing repeatable accuracy. Black anodised surfaces of the chassis give it a non-reflective surface and a robust cover against all elements.
- Adjustable Rifle Stock: The quick-adjustable cheek piece is a unique design specifically made for Sako S20. It’s easy to adjust with only one hand and one click of a button. The adjustable length of pull helps you to find the best possible shooting position. The length of pull can be modified with spacers (5 mm per piece). S20 comes with two spacers, and more are available as an accessory. Combined with a wide selection of M-LOK and QD compatible accessory options, S20 adapts to all body sizes and shooting situations. The QD sling placements enable fast and easy sling attachment. You can choose whether to carry your rifle on your back or in front, tactical or hunter style. You can find the QD sling placements on both sides. For example, you can use a tactical strap to attach your S20 on top of your rucksack.
- Multi-adjustable Trigger: For the most optimal trigger ergonomics that fits different hand sizes, it’s possible to move the trigger either backwards (by 3 mm) or forwards (by 4 mm) with an Allen key. The weight of pull can also be adjusted (1–2 kg / 2–4 lbs). This way, you’ll always find the perfect pull for you. S20 triggers are available in single stage or two stage variants. All components of their firing mechanism are assembled over a precisely machined aluminium frame to offer uncompromising competition grade trigger engagement. The wide and smooth design of the trigger distributes pressure to a larger area, thus improving the feel of trigger sensitivity. The S20 also has unique, improved safety features. The firing pin is blocked from moving forward and hitting the primer when safety is engaged, so the rifle won’t fire even if you drop it.
- Sako Precision Solution: We know that true accuracy does not result from single features alone, but the rifle as a whole. This is why we created a reliable, solid foundation for Sako S20 – called the Sako Precision Solution.
- Receiver with Integrated Picatinny Rail: When the Picatinny rail is machined directly to the steel surface of the receiver (and not glued), the rifle structure is guaranteed to be rigid and strong. This is the best way to attach optical sights that stay on regardless of weather conditions. The receiver itself is secured to the frame by a sturdy three-point attachment system – much like in our TRG models.
- Full Aluminium Bedding: A robust rifle bedding plays an important part in repeatable accuracy and consistency between shots. When the stock and action fit perfectly, the foundation is solid for lasting stock stability and a truly well-balanced, reliable and accurate rifle. To achieve this, we complemented Sako S20 with a full V-shaped bedding where the full length of the receiver’s angled surfaces are in contact with the aluminium surfaces.
- The Stainless Steel Bolt: The bolt is manufactured from high-grade, weather-resistant stainless steel, the barrel shroud has a steel core, and the bolt handle is interchangeable. The locking lug surface area is high, increasing safety and performance, and its design enables smooth, fast, safe and precise operation of the bolt and the rifle.
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.