Vortex Viper HS riflescopes offer hunters and shooters an array of features sure to be well received. The advanced optical system, highlighted with a 4x zoom range, provides magnification versatility. A forgiving eye box with increased eye relief gets shooters on target quickly and easily. Built on an ultra-strong 30mm one-piece machined aluminum tube, the Viper HS delivers increased windage and elevation travel for optimal adjustment.
- XD™ Lens Elements: Extra-low dispersion (XD) glass increases resolution and color fidelity, resulting in crisp, sharp images.
- XR™ Fully Multi-Coated: Proprietary coatings increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
- Second Focal Plane Reticle: Scale of reticle maintains the same ideally-sized appearance. Listed reticle subtensions used for estimating range, holdover and wind drift correction are accurate at the highest magnification.
- Tube Size: 30 mm diameter
- Single-Piece Tube: Maximizes alignment for improved accuracy and optimum visual performance, as well as ensures strength and waterproofness.
- Aircraft-Grade Aluminum: Constructed from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum for strength and rigidity.
- Waterproof: O-ring seals prevent moisture, dust and debris from penetrating the riflescope for reliable performance in all environments.
- Fogproof: Argon gas purging prevents internal fogging over a wide range of temperatures.
- Shockproof: Rugged construction withstands recoil and impact.
- Hard Anodized Finish: Highly durable low-glare matte finish helps camouflage the shooter’s position.
- ArmorTek: Ultra-hard, scratch-resistant coating protects exterior lenses from scratches, oil and dirt.
- Capped Reset Turrets: Allow quick re-indexing of the turret (no tool needed) to zero after sighting in the riflescope. Caps provide external protection for turret.
- Side Focus: Adjustment located on riflescope’s left side and is easily accessible from shooting position. Provides optimal image focus and parallax removal.
Internal Mechanism Design:
- Precision-Force Spring System: Uses premium components in the erector-spring system to ensure maximum repeatability and ease of adjustment.
- Precision-Glide Erector System: Uses premium components in the zoom lens mechanism to ensure smooth magnification changes under the harshest conditions.
- MAG-View Fiber Optic: Provides a highly visible reference point for the magnification setting.
- Fast Focus Eyepiece: Allows quick and easy reticle focusing.
Dead-Hold BDC Reticle
- Customized hashmark design helps eliminate guesswork on holdover and windage corrections. Good for hunting/shooting at varying ranges where estimating holdover is a concern.
Included in the Box:
- Protective lens caps
- 4-inch sunshade
- Lens cloth
|Reticle Type||Second Focal Plane||Reticle||VMR-1 MRAD|
|Light Management System||Standard||Glass Type||Extra-low Dispersion (XD)|
|Lens Coating||XR Fully Multi-coated||Eye Relief (in)||4.0|
|Diopter Type||Fast Focus||Parallax Adjustment||Side Focus|
|Min Parallax Free Distance (yd)||50|
|Min Magnification||4x||Max Magnification||16x|
|Objective Lens Diameter (mm)||50||Low Mag Field of View (ft @ 100 yds)||27.4|
|High Mag Field of View (ft @ 100 yds)||7.4||Elevation Turret Style||Capped|
|Elevation Adjustment Range (MOA)||50||Elevation Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4|
|Elevation Clicks per Rotation||48||Windage Turret Style||Capped|
|Windage Adjustment Range (MOA)||50||Windage Adjustment Value per Click (MOA)||1/4|
|Windage Clicks per Rotation||48|
|Locking Dial||No||Zero Stop||No|
|Indexable Turret||Yes||Indexing Type||Spring Loaded Turret|
|External Rotation Indicator||Yes||Illumination Control||N/A|
|Locking Illumination||N/A||Auto-Shutoff (hrs)||N/A|
|Throw Lever||SV-2 (Sold Seperately)||Nightvision Compatible Illumination||No|
|Motion Sensor Capabilities||No||Electronic Reticle Leveler||No|
|Sunshade/Killflash Compatible||Supplied 4″ Sunshade|
Physical (Refer to Image):
|Form Factor||Riflescope||Attachment Interface||(2) 30mm Rings (Sold Seperately)|
|Mount Height||N/A||Finish||Matte Black Hard Anodized|
|Water Resistance||Yes||Fogproof||Argon Purged|
|Battery Life (hrs)||N/A||Weight (oz)||20.4|
|Overall Length – L1 (in)||13.60||Front Mounting Length – L2 (in)||2.10|
|Rear Mounting Length – L3 (in)||2.23||Total Mount Length – L4 (in)||5.67|
|Objective Housing Length – L5 (in)||4.33||Objective Housing Width -H1 (in)||2.26|
|Objective Housing Height – H1 (in)||2.26||Eyepiece Housing Length – L6 (in)||3.60|
|Eyepiece Housing Width – H2 (in)||1.65||Eyepiece Housing Height – H2 (in)||1.65|
|Magnification Ring Outside Diameter (in; cm)||~1.6; 4.2||Turret Saddle Depth (in; cm)||~0.2; 0.4|
|Vortex Canada SKU||VT-VHS-4307|
Manufacturers, importers, suppliers, and distributors may make changes to their products without fanfare. Such changes can lead to discrepancies between the advertised product and the actual product in inventory. While International Shooting Supplies Ltd. endeavors to correctly describe the actual product in inventory, we will not be responsible for unintentional inaccuracies in text and images of the advertised product.