The definition of “Legend.” Here at Winchester Repeating Arms we know a great deal about “legends.” Our product line is full of them. But few can match the legendary look, feel and function of this very special octagon-barreled Model 1873 with a stunning cased colored receiver.
A legendary package of features. The feature set starts with a full octagon barrel, a tang taht is drilled and tapped for a tang mounted rear sight (not included) and a beautiful color case hardend receiver, lever and fore-end cap.
- GRADE II/III WALNUT STRAIGHT GRIP STOCK with a satin oil finish that’s velvet smooth to the touch
- CLASSIC RIFLE-STYLE FOREARM with forearm cap for the timeless look and feel of the original Model 1873
- ELEGANT COLOR CASE HARDENING on the robust steel receiver, lever, crescent buttplate and forearm cap protect against corrosion
- CRESCENT BUTTPLATE slips right into your shoulder for a more solid hold from any shooting position
- SEMI-BUCKHORN REAR SIGHT WITH MARBLE ARMS® GOLD BEAD FRONT SIGHT gets you on target quickly
- STEEL LOADING GATE for smoother loading
- RECEIVER TOP TANG is drilled and tapped for an optional tang-mounted rear sight that gives you a more precise sight picture and the timeless look and feel of shooting a long-barreled frontier rifle
|Length of Pull (in)||13||Drop at Comb (in)||1 3/4|
|Drop at Heel (in)||3||Stock Material||Black Walnut|
|Pistol Grip Cap||None||Recoil Pad||Crescent Metal|
|Receiver Material||Steel||Reciever Finish||Color Case|
|Drilled and Tapped for Scope||No||Trigger Material||Steel|
|Trigger Finish||Polished Blued||Trigger Guard Material||Steel|
|Trigger Guard Engraving||None||Bolt Slide Finish||Polished Blued|
|Magazine Type||Full-Length Tube||Magazine Capacity||14|
|Chamber Finish||Polished||Barrel Material||Steel|
|Barrel Finish||Polished Blued||Barrel Contour||Full Octagon|
|Twist Rate (in)||18 3/4||Overall Length (in)||43|
|Weight||7 lbs 8 oz||Wood Grade||Grade II/III|
|Sling Swivel Studs||None|
The gun that won the West. The Model 73 is world-renowned as “The Gun that Won the West.” Now you can own the real thing — a genuine Winchester Repeating Arms® Model 73 with an oil-finished walnut stock, classic blued steel crescent buttplate and a 20″ round barrel, just like the original. If you’re the type of collector who won’t settle for second best or a copy of a copy, fill your hands with this magnificent rifle, saddle up and blaze your trail into the sunset.
Chambered in several popular handgun calibers of the cowboy era, it’s been produced in carbine, rifle and musket models. Cowboy Action Shooters love the reliable Model 1873 because it fires the same ammo as their revolvers. Several features of the Model 1873 are what set it apart over 140 years ago, and still make it a very cool rifle to shoot today.
All Model 1873 rifles have the Winchester touch of quality. Each Winchester Model 1873 has a beautiful walnut stock with a with a satin oil finish that’s velvet smooth to the touch. Whether the model you choose has blued steel throughout or a case-colored receiver and fore-end cap, the quality, level of polish and finishes are superior. Today’s 1873 — like those of the past — come in a number of variations for you to choose from, so take your time and explore the 1873s below. The steel loading gate on all models provides for smoother loading. The rear tang is drilled and tapped for an optional tang-mounted rear sight for a more precise sight picture.